Finally some legislating from the bench that I can support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally some legislating from the bench that I can support

basic Gist: Man goes to Japan, he has a bullet with him. This is illegal in Japan, he comes back to the US where they strip him of the right to have a firearm due to a law that prohibits felons who have been convicted in any court from owning guns. The supreme court ruled 5-3 that this law applies only to domestic crimes, not foreign ones. They further said that if the congress has wanted the law to apply to any court they should have written in any court

in 20/20 hind sight it is obvious that this law is quite retarded, as there are a bunch of courts whos sole job is to crush any dissent to the government.

I'm not sure I want foreign criminals having access to guns in the U.S. I must, though it grates against every bone in my body, thus concur with Thomas and Scalia.

I have to go take a shower now.
    Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Kennedy is also on the dissenting side, this case is great because it also mind ****s everyone.

Comment

Thomas is too much into debating society games. "Any" has an obvious meaning, within the overall scope of the legislation. US law generally does not recognize acts of foreign states, so "any" doesn't generally mean "any, under any and all circumstances, anywhere in the known universe" it means "any within the jurisdiction of United States law.

Congress can clarify its intent, if it wants to do so - and it should.
        When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

Working...
        X