Danish troops in Iraq to stay on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Danish troops in Iraq to stay on

Developing story here. The Danish government is set to prolong the military presence in Iraq with an additional 8 months, foreign minister Per Stig Møller says. His ministry has issued a report on the situation in Iraq, based on which the recommendation is to continue the military engagement.

No useful links for the story yet. Denmark has some 500 troops assigned to Iraq, mostly in the Southern parts of the country. They were commited at least until the end of June under the previous decision.

Denmark

500 ? That's pretty good IMO from size of the country like Denmark.. yeah.. rock on.
    In da butt.
    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
    THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
    "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

"The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

Maybe I'm asking the wrong person but why Winston is Denmark so pro- american, assuming it is. (judging from you, it is) Is it because of a perceived threat from the "east" geografically speaking, or because of the proximity of the germans? Or any cultural similarities maybe? If you feel like it it'd be interesting to know. Not only Winston of course.

Comment

Why would it be anti-american?
          In da butt.
          "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius

Comment

If it has no reason to be anti-american (altho it's silly to generalize for a whole country) then indeed why be that? But I'm asking if it is pro american, generally, and if so why.

Comment

there needs to be a reason for it? Maybe they are not pro-american. Maybe they don't take a stance and refuse to answer the question and just be Denmark. ? ???

When you ask a question, there sometimes is no answer.
              In da butt.

Comment

Pekka, you are not danish. I'd like for a dane to answer if he feels like it. I already know what you think (and find it amusing) but on the same time I wouldn't want to threadjack. So if a dane would like to give it a shot fine if not fine again, I'm not posting anymore since it would be threadjack.

Comment

Originally posted by paiktis22
                  Maybe I'm asking the wrong person but why Winston is Denmark so pro- american, assuming it is.
                  Haven't you ever wondered why Denmark is shaped like a butt-plug? It's cuz they're up our ass.
                  Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

As I see it, Denmark entered the coalition primarily on the basis of bringing about a regime change in Iraq and eventually be in a position to help aid the start of democracy building in the region. It should come as no surprise that the general Trans-Atlantic bickering on behalf of some countries has had very little influence on Danish policy and contributions, however small in the big scheme of things.

Comment

"If you feel like it it'd be interesting to know. Not only Winston of course."

I'm sorry, but you authorized my response. What do you think.. is US pro-mambutu or not? And why are they pro-mambutu? There is no answer, because you are asking the wrong question....................
                      In da butt.

Comment

But I'm asking if it is pro american, generally
                        I think they are pro-Iraqi.

I met a few of thier soldiers in Bahrain, excellent guys
                        "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by Pekka
                          Why would it be anti-american?
                          Because that's the normal state of existance.
                          Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Ludd, yes yes *tear*

In da butt.

Comment

Thanks for your answer Winston. Doesn't really answer my question as I see it but thanks nevertheless

Comment

Working...
                              X