We need more of this

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We need more of this

Adelphia to repay over $700 million and Rigas to forfeit 95% of family assets.
    Last edited by pchang; April 25, 2005, 20:23.
    “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

I agree. Why do OT threads with interesting titles have to make any sense to curious viewers at all?

Comment

Adelphia was a big cable company that saw its stock price plummet after it was revealed that they had faked all their financials. John Rigas was the CEO of Adelphia and he and his family sold off a lot of stock before the fall.
      “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

Comment

if it survives the appeal.
        I'm consitently stupid- Japher
        I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

no appeal - this was agreed to by both sides

Comment

Ah, thanks for explaining. At least a little, but enough for me to determine I have no further comments.

Comment

then
              I'm consitently stupid- Japher
              I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

We need to reintroduce the concept of the revolver to disgraced big businessmen.
                He's got the Midas touch.
                But he touched it too much!
                Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

Working...
                X