We need some global warming...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We need some global warming...

It's 58 degrees outside, even though it's nearly May. It rained and was cold the whole weekend. Normally, it would be 80 - 85 degrees and sunny in Washington at this point in the Spring. This whole year has been way too cold and wet.

Tough to get in a good ballgame with this ridiculousness.

How's the weather in your neck of the woods?
    I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

optimal

Comment

it's that nice period where you think that nature was created just to please you and with you in mind.

Comment

Málaga 30°C

Comment

We usually have two months of that during Springtime, paiktis, but not this year.
          I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Originally posted by paiktis22
            it's that nice period where you think that nature was created just to please you and with you in mind.
            No, That's the weed talkin.
            -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

Cool and drizzly in Kansas City, I think they got something like a half foot of snow in Ohio.
              No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Re: We need some global warming...

Originally posted by DanS
                It's 58 degrees outside, even though it's nearly May. It rained and was cold the whole weekend. Normally, it would be 80 - 85 degrees and sunny in Washington at this point in the Spring. This whole year has been way too cold and wet.

Tough to get in a good ballgame with this ridiculousness.

How's the weather in your neck of the woods?
                I seriously doubt it would be that warm in Washington. When I lived in Virginia it really didn't get warm until May.

Comment

Cool and drizzly in Antwerp, not good for the time of year.

Though it has jumped from bad to reasonably good the last couple of days.
                  Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                  Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

I seriously doubt it would be that warm in Washington.
                    Well, it's over 10 degrees cooler than average.
                    Last edited by DanS; April 25, 2005, 15:12.

Comment

Re: Re: We need some global warming...

Originally posted by Dissident

I seriously doubt it would be that warm in Washington. When I lived in Virginia it really didn't get warm until May.
                      All that hot air from the politicians makes it warmer than the surrounding areas
                      Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

58 degrees farenheit isn't bad, that's a nice temperature. I would say 65 degrees farenheit is about ideal.
                        "I'm moving to the Left" - Lancer

"I imagine the neighbors on your right are estatic." - Slowwhand

Comment

It's too cold across Britain. In protest I burn coal. It also helps by making me warm, coincidentally!

Comment

It's been rather nasty here, rainy and overcast... stupid California weather.
                            Monkey!!!

Comment

Our weather is pretty similar to Washington's. We had a few days the other week where it was over 20C, but now it's grey and drizzly and around 9C.
                              "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
                              "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
                              "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

Working...
                              X