Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ted Striker
    Barbara Boxer sticking it to idiot UN Ambassador nominee John Bolton
    Both Boxer and Feinstein have been vocal in saying a man who claims to hate the UN and what it stands for isn't the right man to represent us at the UN. They are well in their rights too because the constitution says the President's ambassadors must be chosen with the advice and consent of the Senate. Republicans seem to want the Congress to rubber stamp everything Bush does but thankfully that is not how a real democracy works.
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Ted Striker
      You guys still haven't told me why you specifically dislike her.
      I don't mind her. I think she's a political lightweight, however.
      I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Sen Bill Frist, who voted FOR judicial filibusters when he was in the minority but now that he is in the majority claims such filibuisters are "a new and destructive practice" which must be banned "to restore constitutional balance."

He continues to remind me of why I left the Republican Party: he is like the rest of the new leadership, and thinks I am as stupid and shortsighted as he is.
        The dogmas of the quiet past, are inadequate to the stormy present. The occasion is piled high with difficulty…we will be remembered in spite of ourselves… The fiery trial through which we pass, will light us down, in honor or dishonor, to the last generation… We shall nobly save, or meanly lose, the last best hope of earth.
        - A. Lincoln

Comment

Working...
        X