Originally posted by Locutus
    My camera batteries are empty but this one's pretty similar:

Or when the weather's very bad:

but of course it is ... you're from holland
    "Ceterum censeo Ben esse expellendum."

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyCracksCorn

Outaouais represent.

Yeah, I take OC Transpo daily... sometimes even 5 minutes down the road. I have a monthly pass so I may as well.

I actually rarely take STO though. Usually when I'm going to Hull I'll just get the #8 which goes right to the Portage.
      Isnt there another poster or two from ottawa.
      Richelieu lives in Gatineau no?
      And maybe Spec (or maybe from MTL?)
      We should really have a poly meeting for this area sometimes.
      Its not like MTL and Ottawa are far...

Comment

BTW with regards to this thread.
        I take the bus sometimes, same as in original post.
        I use to bike a lot.
        Now mostly use my car, (Tercel 1993 )

Comment

I use my bicycle for transportation. This is a very hostile city towards cars.

Combat Ingrid: Nice boots. Army surplus?

Verto: Are you having penis insecurity issues or are you just trolling? All those cars you're praising are ugly as bricks, horribly unsafe, unreliable (Ford), spend insane amounts of energy compared to what you'd need, and probably have hilariously miserable offroad capabilities as well altough they're styled as some sort of 4x4 vehicles... Frankly speaking, I can't imagine any other rational reason for buying them than trying to compensate small **** with a huge car.

Comment

Originally posted by Provost Harrison

That is atrocious mileage!
            Given that they're SUVs, duh.

I live where SUVs are necessary in winter, so don't bother chiding me for it.
            The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

Originally posted by DRoseDARs

Given that they're SUVs, duh.

I live where SUVs are necessary in winter, so don't bother chiding me for it.
              I live in Canada, and I get around just fine without one.

Comment

I live in the high desert climate of the Sierra Nevadas where snow can pile up several feet.

This was a particularly craptacular winter.

Comment

Originally posted by dannubis
                  but of course it is ... you're from holland
                  1) I don't live in Holland, thank Sid! I live in the Netherlands though...

2) I said *very* bad
                  Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

this is my ride: Yes I know it's not environmentally friendly (my next vehicles will be a hybrid), but it gets me where I need to (want to) go.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara
                      I think the new Prius is actually kinda cool looking. Very futuristic. Inside it's like a dream. Now take the Scion B. That is one ugleeeee car.

SUVs should require special permits, to only be used by people who actually need them.
                      no one needs an SUV

Comment

No one needs computer games.

Comment

Originally posted by Verto
                          No one needs computer games.
                          exactly. We want them. I have no room to talk. You have seen the gas hog I drive.

But I have found out I don't use the 4 wheel drive all that often. My next vehicles won't be a 4 X 4, but I still need high clearance to get where I want to go.

Comment

Originally posted by Dissident

no one needs an SUV
                            You live in the dry, hot deserty desert part of Nevada, so stfu n00b!

Comment

Originally posted by Dissident

exactly. We want them. I have no room to talk. You have seen the gas hog I drive.

But I have found out I don't use the 4 wheel drive all that often. My next vehicles won't be a 4 X 4, but I still need high clearance to get where I want to go.
                              I direct that mostly towards those who try to act superior because they bike/walk/whatever instead of driving a OMFG TEH GAS GUZZLING SUVs and rail about how people shouldn't get an SUV unless they need one, even to the point of requiring permits.

Comment

Yeah, I need SUVs too, we have deserts around here.

I enjoy driving, and I drive for a living, however, to university, I take the bus:

when I go to Tel Aviv, I almost always take the train: (this is the IC3 traincar/ DMU thingee)

Here's the station I usually depart from, in an old photo ( The station building is now adjacent to the track, and the bridge is replaced by a tunnel.

This is an inside view into one of the stations I usually get off in Tel Aviv: Tel Aviv - HaShalom Rd.

and here's a pretty pic of the outside of the same station, at night:

I'd like to thank the Tapuz public transport forum for these pics, btw!
                                urgh.NSFW

Comment

Working...
                                X