The wave of the future: SACD, DVD-Audio or something else altogether

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The wave of the future: SACD, DVD-Audio or something else altogether

Cd's will have to go, eventually. What will replace them? SACD's? DVD-Audio's? Or something else altogether? Maybe they'll get rid of disks altogether and they'll focus on electronic distribution through the 'net. What do you think?
    Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Physical media is dead.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Re: The wave of the future: SACD, DVD-Audio or something else altogether

Originally posted by nostromo
      Cd's will have to go, eventually. What will replace them? SACD's? DVD-Audio's? Or something else altogether? Maybe they'll get rid of disks altogether and they'll focus on electronic distribution through the 'net. What do you think?
      CDs have already gone.

Comment

That was fast... But I think you're right.
        Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

CDs have already gone.
          Are you righting this from the future?

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
            Physical media is dead.
            We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by nostromo

Are you righting this from the future?
              Sell all your stocks. The United States is going to collapse.

Comment

That said, I don't think electronic distribution is ready to replace physical media. Not yet. I certainly wouldn't buy music on iTunes or any other online store. Sound quality, for example, isn't so hot.

Comment

Working...
                X