Is GM going bankrupt?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Lawrence of Arabia
    more reliable? aaaaaahhhh i dont know about that. but i do know that its much cheaper to fix when something does go wrong (all the parts are made from plastic, even the pistons. nah jk )

Uhhh, guys, it is WAY common knowledge that Toyota makes the most reliable cars in the world. I mean that is just a common fact. They not only are the most reliable, they pretty much PWN the competition.

According to April 05 Consumer Reports of the US. Toyota tops other automakers in 2005 New-Car Reliabilty: 1. Scion, 2. Lexus, 3. Toyota, 4 Subaru, 5 Honda, 6. Acura, 7 Mitsubishi, 8 Infiniti, 9 Hyundai, 10. Suzuki.
    Notice that Scion is the most reliable brand. Sorry Oerdin. And by the way I see Scions EVERYWHERE. Their new coupe is selling like crazy, and is a good looking car for a good price.

Checkout the full domain details of Badders.com. Click Buy Now to instantly start the transaction or Make an offer to the seller!
    We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• I hardly see them at all. The kids are shifting out of Civics and into Mitsubishis & Subarus.
      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ted Striker

Uhhh, guys, it is WAY common knowledge that Toyota makes the most reliable cars in the world. I mean that is just a common fact. They not only are the most reliable, they pretty much PWN the competition.

http://www.badders.com/forum/showthread.html?t=1338
        Really? Honda's are the most reliable cars that I have ever encounter. I have had several, and I know.
        http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

• I think most Americans agree that less expensive, better looking, more reliable and more fuel efficient is a winning formula. GM has had 30+ years to meet the Japanese competition, and failed.

I don't care if GM is an American company. It needs wholly new management from top to bottom. It either has to go completely out of business, or be bought by a Japanese company out of bankruptcy.
          http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

• "United Airlines, which is operating in bankruptcy protection, received court permission yesterday to terminate its four employee pension plans, setting off the largest pension default in the three decades that the government has guaranteed pensions.

The ruling by Judge Eugene R. Wedoff of Federal Bankruptcy Court came after a lengthy hearing in a crowded Chicago courtroom, near where United is based.

Despite pleas by union lawyers, Judge Wedoff sided with United, which had insisted that it could not emerge from bankruptcy protection with its pension plans in place.

The ruling releases United, a unit of the UAL Corporation, from $3.2 billion in pension obligations over the next five years. The federal agency that guarantees pensions, the Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation, will assume responsibility for the plans, which cover about 134,000 people.

Some retirees could see sharply lower pension payments as a result; others will see little change in benefits, depending on a variety of factors. Some retirees at US Airways, which has terminated its plans, have seen benefits drop by as much as 50 percent."

Comment

• Can GM declare bankruptcy now?

Comment

• Like I said, I hve it on good authority that something similar is in the works for GM.
                “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

• What sort of authority?
                  Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• Originally posted by Oerdin
                    Scion is a loser. In 10 years it will be thought of as another Merkur or Edsel.

Toyota should concentrate on building their core brand instead of branching off into brands that mean nothing to anyone.
                    No. The're doing the right thing. When you have brand name recognition you need to use it.
                    I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                    - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• PBGC
                      “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

• Have pension liabilities ever been transferred to the PBGC without bankruptcy?
                        I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

• It either has to go completely out of business, or be bought by a Japanese company out of bankruptcy.

I disagree with both sentiments. Despite their problems, GM represents a substantial amount of manufacturing capacity here in the US, something I would never like to see fall into the hands of a foreign company.

Comment

• GM is a destroyer of vast amounts of value. I don't have any problem with them going out of business. Manufacturing capacity is a vastly overrated metric anyway.
                            I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

• It isn't in wartime.

Comment

• We're at war right now and manufacturing as a percentage of our economy is plummeting.

Comment

Working...
                                X