No announcement yet.

Is GM going bankrupt?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You're sure gonna make one suck-ass accountant. For starters, note that I'm talking about COGS savings - profitability has nothing to do with it.

"Hey, boss, I've saved the company millions this quarter!"

"Great! How?"

"I didn't pay any of our invoices! I also defaulted on the bank notes!"

Also note that you didn't solve the problem, you just shifted it onto another entity.
    Last edited by JohnT; May 9, 2005, 18:56.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kidicious

To buy the machines that are used to exploit them, so that they can consume all the stuff they make instead of just a portion of it.
      Commie preach keeping up with the Joneses?

You tell me.
      Cost of living.

The real value of a wage is related to this.
      http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

Nationalize. Don't give the shareholders or creditors a dime for it.
        Wow. Now if you could only get Dean or Hillary to say such a thing.
        http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

• I solved the problem by shifting it to another entity. You said to use communist financial planning. I did. The employees get everything. The shareholders and creditors get dick.
          I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
          - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• The employees don't get dick because the suppliers shut your ass down because you stiffed them.

Try again.

Comment

• Originally posted by JohnT
              The employees don't get dick because the suppliers shut your ass down because you stiffed them.

Try again.
              We pay the suppliers or we just nationalize them too.

Comment

• In the Soviet Union the workers use to joke "They pretend to pay us, so we pretend to work". Kid is very efficient. He can create in 15 minutes what it took the Soviets 70 years to do.
                “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

• Originally posted by pchang
                  In the Soviet Union the workers use to joke "They pretend to pay us, so we pretend to work".
                  They still tell that joke.

Comment

We pay the suppliers or we just nationalize them too.
                    Again, that doesn't solve your overall balance of payments problem.

Which, of course, Commies never solve, which is why your governments have a shelf life of an average brick house.

Comment

Again, that doesn't solve your overall balance of payments problem.
                      Maybe you don't understand how paying the suppliers or becoming the suppliers works. We either pay the suppliers, or we become the suppliers. Problem solved.

Comment

• dp. nm.

Comment

• Again, the problem isn't solved. If it was, the USSR would still be around, the Chinese would still be Maoists, and Cuba would've had no need for Russian financial support, eh?

Don't bother. It's obvious y'all don't have an answer to this problem, which was my point in the first place.
                          Last edited by JohnT; May 9, 2005, 21:28.

Comment

• Originally posted by pchang

If what you buy gets cheaper to make and purchase, do you really need a raise?

As if.

Housing gets more expensive. Fuel gets more expensive. The only thing that gets less expensive is things you buy at Wal-Mart. I'd say those big living expenses more than offset the menial savings you get from disposable goods.

Here's an idea, instead of reducing costs by keeping headcount and salaries lower, how about more fairly distributing the wealth gap between CEO and line worker.

Did Carly REALLY need a 48 million dollar SEVERANCE package? I highly doubt she brought that much value to HP, as many executives do not either.
                            We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Don't bother. It's obvious y'all don't have an answer to this problem, which was my point in the first place.
                              We do have the answer. You want a different one. You can't give the employees fair compensation while you pay the shareholders and creditors off. It doesn't add up. Is that what you want us to say?

Comment

• Did Carly REALLY need a 48 million dollar SEVERANCE package?
                                Are you kidding? That was the best money that HP ever spent.
                                I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Working...
                                X