Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do I want to eat? I'm a tad peckish but...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, I was thinking of having some desert, a little something sweet, you know. Not TOO sweet mind you, but just right. However, I just can't seem to put my finger on what to have...

Long time member @ Apolyton
    Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

how about some spam with whipped cream on top?

Comment

That's it! Thanks Diss.

I had two sausage sandwiches with mustard and spinach on english muffins.

Comment

That sounds gay
          Monkey!!!

Comment

"That sounds gay"

Did I say spinach? I meant onions, yeah, that's it.

Comment

I didn't know you were on the Oregon coast. For some reason I thought you were in the mid-west.

My dad's family is from Astoria.
              Monkey!!!

Comment

Where are you at Japher? Do you get to Astoria once in a while? We could do lunch, no spinach.

Comment

Originally posted by Japher

I didn't know you were on the Oregon coast. For some reason I thought you were in the mid-west.

My dad's family is from Astoria.
                  Since when is Astoria a place your family "comes from"??
                  If you don't like reality, change it! me
                  "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
                  "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
                  "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

My Grandpa was born and raised in Astoria, as were his folks. Odd, I know, but I guess there is a dutch/german thing going on there. Before that, they were in Dutchland.

I am in San Jose, CA right now. My grandpa moved to Sacramento with the war (WW2). His last base was there and never left.

We have/had tons of family in that area and into the Willamete area. My great uncle, his brother just died outside Portland in Camus Washington (Boris; you'd know the place by the smell, paper plant)....

I don't get up there much, it's been about 3 years. My grandpa goes every year though, up to agget (spelling?, those clear rocks) beach and then in to Willamette and then comes back down.

If I am ever up there I will give you a call.

My grandfather, by the way, was an awesome pitcher back in his day and was actually drafted into the major leagues from his HS in Astoria... Unfortunately he was also drafted by the army.

We have the paper clippings to prove it.

Love that coast though.
                    Monkey!!!

Comment

Love that coast though.

Comment

Lancer, how in the world do you not know what hummus and pitta bread is? And how do you not have any idea what a pannini is?

Get to Portland (or somewhere connected to civilization) now!

--

Oh, for lunch I had a sub from "Jersey Mikes". It had turkey, roast beef, bacon, pickles, banana peppers, jalapenos, spicy mustard, mayo, lettuce, tomatoes, onions, black pepper on white bread... mmmm
                        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

You are a cruel man Imran. Arrggg!

What I wouldn't give for a stromboli.

Actually I knew what pita bread was. The rest I had no clue.

Comment

You live on the Left Coast... how is hummus unknown to you? It's the food of sustenance for veggie hippies everywhere... and in Oregon, there are plenty, I'm sure.

And mmmm... boli. No where I've been has made as good a boli as in Jersey, though .
                            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

"sustenance for veggie hippies everywhere"

I think this may be why.

There's a place in Newton NJ that has great Stromboli...old italian guy, man, it was wonderful stuff. Of course that was almost 20 years ago...

I don't recall the name of the place but the location was where main street met hwy 126. If you go there and there's an ancient italian guy making stromboli...Fedex me one.

Comment

I won't be back to Jersey until late July, early August... so not until then .

Comment

Working...
                                X