Bolton an *******?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bolton an *******?

I'm surprised no one seems to have posted a thread about this issue. Where have all the politicos gone?

After Boltons day of testimony I thought that the dems were up to the normal partisan bull****. After hearing Fords testimony though, I changed my mind. Hopefully Bolton will not be confirmed.
    We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
    If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
    Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

I take it that 7 stars means he is an ass hole?
    I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Voinovich has turned against him, so it's not just the Dems. Bolton's nomination is all but dead, it seems. It's stalled in committee for the next three weeks, and I doubt he'll get further than that.

What a careless, turd of a nomination by the Administration. I'm sure they could have found a UN-bashing neocon who wasn't quite as much an ******* as Bolton is. This just reeks of laziness and cronyism.
      Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

It's a management style. While in many/most instances it may not be particularly effective, some have found it to work.

I note that Zoellick was also thought to have an ass hole management style (as I recall hazily) and he got promoted, so...
        I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

You remember that Wolfowitz has confess, before being elected President of the World Bank, that his only real interest in life was to help the poors. I expect Bolton to confess soon that his only real interest in life was to make the UN more efficent and more powerful.
          Statistical anomaly.
          The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Comment

He's already done that.

Comment

The UN needs a lot of changes so I'm not against Bolton for his stance on that particular malfunctioning org. OTOH Fords testimony was pretty damning about him personally (and changed my mind about his appropriateness for the position since I hate burks like that).

******* could be ass-hole, or maybe something else.
              We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
              If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
              Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

Working...
              X