Texas legislature set to pass law that takes children away from loving parents

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Riesstiu IV

A tactical nuclear strike would probably be an improvement, especially for Houston.
    Yeah, my ex-girlfriend from a few years back was from Houston and she kept trying to get me to move there with her. I went to visit the city with her and decided there was no way in hell I was moving to Houston.
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Homosexuality is illegal in Cuba?
      I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Yes, yes it is, you could spend a year in jail for being gay there. Better add it to the nuke list.
        "I'm moving to the Left" - Lancer

"I imagine the neighbors on your right are estatic." - Slowwhand

Comment

I can't believe homosexuality is legal in Indonesia...
          KH FOR OWNER!
          ASHER FOR CEO!!
          GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Hmm...might there be a right to privacy issue here? Where does the state get off requiring you to disclose your sexual orientation? That's none of the state's damn business.
            "People sit in chairs!" - Bobby Baccalieri

Comment

Meh. It's come to the poinr where I'd be willing to be a friggin' suicide bomber in order to nuke Texas. Oh, Alabama too. Hell, let's nuke the entire South and Bible Belt. Actually, all the Red States.

Nah, let's nuke America to get it over with.
              "Compromises are not always good things. If one guy wants to drill a five-inch hole in the bottom of your life boat, and the other person doesn't, a compromise of a two-inch hole is still stupid." - chegitz guevara
              "Bill3000: The United Demesos? Boy, I was young and stupid back then.
              Jasonian22: Bill, you are STILL young and stupid."

"is it normal to imaginne dartrh vader and myself in a tjhreee way with some hot chick? i'ts always been my fantasy" - Dis

Comment

From the looks of that map it seems there's a certain "hate latitudes" running from about the equator to 35 degrees north.
                Visit First Cultural Industries
                There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
                Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

So nobody thinks there could be a constitutional problem with this new law?

Comment

Jules, if you haven't noticed... I don't think there has been a serious post on this thread since the OP.
                    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Oh well...
                      If you can't beat 'em, then join 'em I guess.

NUKE TEXAS!!!

Comment

So nobody thinks there could be a constitutional problem with this new law?
                        ]

No. Its not your legal right to be a foster parent.

For the record I think Texas should be napalmed. There is oil there after all and we wouldnt want to lose that.

Comment

Yeah, I suppose they can ask whatever questions they want on the application then.

Comment

Naht. Just send in the infantry and carry out an old-fashioned honest genocide.
                            Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
                            The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

On the bright side, Connecticut approved civil unions today.

Comment

Naht. Just send in the infantry and carry out an old-fashioned honest genocide.

No you have to do it all at once. That way no one smart can step forward and tell the world about the horrible atrocities being commited. So long as all of thier voices are silenced in one fell swoop the world will think we are doing them a favor.

Comment

Working...
                                X