No announcement yet.

Texas legislature set to pass law that takes children away from loving parents

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Texas legislature set to pass law that takes children away from loving parents

The latest news and headlines from Yahoo News. Get breaking news stories and in-depth coverage with videos and photos.

The Texas House of Representatives passed a bill banning homosexuals, bisexuals and transsexuals from being foster parents.

If the bill gains approval from the Texas Senate, the state will be allowed to investigate the backgrounds of current foster parents and remove children living in non-heterosexual households.

All future foster parents will be required to disclose their sexual preference on an application form, a legislative aide said.

The move was denounced by local activists.

"More than 43,000 gay and lesbian couples in Texas are forming families and raising children, and this attack on LBGT (lesbian, bisexual, gay and transgendered) Texans will tear apart our families and remove our children from loving, stable families," the Lesbian/Gay Rights Lobby of Texas said in a statement.

"In an already over-burdened foster care system, the effect of reducing the pool of foster parents does nothing to protect Texas children," it added.

This is absolutely disgusting and I am even more ashamed that Texas is part of the US now.

Don't mess with Texas.

Comment

Texas can ****ing suck my balls.

Opening up a practice in Vancouver is sounding better all the time.
      "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
      "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Nukes

Comment

We all know gay couples only want to adopt children so they can molest them.

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker
            Nukes
            Nuke Texas from orbit. It is the only way to be sure.
            The dogmas of the quiet past, are inadequate to the stormy present. The occasion is piled high with difficulty…we will be remembered in spite of ourselves… The fiery trial through which we pass, will light us down, in honor or dishonor, to the last generation… We shall nobly save, or meanly lose, the last best hope of earth.
            - A. Lincoln

Comment

"I'm moving to the Left" - Lancer

"I imagine the neighbors on your right are estatic." - Slowwhand

Comment

Originally posted by Guynemer
                Texas can ****ing suck my balls.

Opening up a practice in Vancouver is sounding better all the time.
                "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

By the way, to be consistent, I assume you guys want all of the countries in Red, where homosexuality is illegal, nuked?

Particularly in the countries where homosexuality is punishable by death.

Now while in some cases, such as Virginia, you'd be making a clear improvement by nuking it, but otherwise you'd be killing a lot of people.

Comment

Originally posted by grumbler
                    Nuke Texas from orbit. It is the only way to be sure.
                    A tactical nuclear strike would probably be an improvement, especially for Houston.

Comment

Originally posted by Riesstiu IV

A tactical nuclear strike would probably be an improvement, especially for Houston.
                      Almost a case of "Houston, we have a problem"
                      "the bigger the smile, the sharper the knife"
                      "Every now and again, declare peace. it confuses the hell out of your enemies."

Comment

Originally posted by Shi Huangdi
                        By the way, to be consistent, I assume you guys want all of the countries in Red, where homosexuality is illegal, nuked?

Particularly in the countries where homosexuality is punishable by death.

Now while in some cases, such as Virginia, you'd be making a clear improvement by nuking it, but otherwise you'd be killing a lot of people.

Comment

Homosexuality isn't illegal in Virginia, big guy.
                          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Well technically it isn't, but that won't stop the rednecks in Great Falls and Alexandria from dispensing some old fashion southern justice.

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                              Homosexuality isn't illegal in Virginia, big guy.
                              I don't think they care about such detail

"I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                              "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                              "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Working...
                              X