Preview for Lord of the Nerds.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chegitz guevara
    This isn't LARPing. It's SCA. I'm ashamed I even know that.

LARPing and the SCA are not mutually exclusive, nor is this style of fighting exclusive to the SCA (which I thought tended towards more "realistic" armour and equipment instead of giant cushions and stuff). People in the video where roleplaying, so it is LARPing.
    Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Originally posted by Seeker

You know one thing that makes it so bad is the voice-acting quality. These guys sound like waiters or gas jockeys or something. If you want the listener to even mildly suspend his/her disbelief, you cannot sound like you're taking an order at Denny's.

Generally speaking, you don't want your adaudiance to have to suspend their disbelief for a documentary.

Do It Ourselves

Comment

One of my flatmates in my firstyear undergrad was a Theoretical Physics student by day, a 6ft long 2 handed swordwielding woodelf by night Think the weapon was blunted but it was steel all the same and he did use to come back with a variety of bruises from the weekends away where someone had smacked him with a flail or something.

Comment

"6ft long"

Do It Ourselves

Comment

I was quite surprised when one of the Apolyon UK Crew (where did I get that name from?) told me he'd done LARP or whatever it's called. He seems cool, it totally messes with my whole values system!

Comment

Working...
            X