• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Agathon
    I'm suing M$, Longhorn is my name, and for good reason too

Girls don't like the way you smell?
    What?!
    Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

I believe LongHorn is a type of cow. He was hinting that you smell like a cow.
      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Talk about vague...
        Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Shows what I know though -- those "dancing cretin" ipod ads have been really successful.
          I would agree with you, but it seems like the "industry" is in love with them, and they will probably win lots of awards...

I wonder why Apple doesn't advertise their OS releases though. A few snippets of CoreImage in action would be a pretty cool ad.
          Might be a cool ad... but it would be stupid for them to advertise their OS releases... why waste money on broad based advertising when direct mail is a ton cheaper to reach their very small and limited user base... Most computer users just don't give a damn about Apple
          Keep on Civin'
          RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

"When I read this in Ad Age, I couldn't believe it. This is just plain silly."

I take it they're not using your agency?
            Long time member @ Apolyton
            Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

As I stated earlier... we don't work for either. But I can proudly say that if they asked us to do something like this, we would recommend they don't do it... and then after they disagreed, we would have taken their money to the bank in a second
              Keep on Civin'

Comment

Might be a cool ad... but it would be stupid for them to advertise their OS releases... why waste money on broad based advertising when direct mail is a ton cheaper to reach their very small and limited user base... Most computer users just don't give a damn about Apple

Well.. that doesn't make any sense. They use to advertise their software and it helped them out (especially after Jobs came back), and they always used to advertize their hardware. I guess all the money is going on the ipod ads.

Yet mac sales are up by almost half. Weird.
                Only feebs vote.

Comment

Talk about vague...

You seriously thought that Microsoft named its new OS as a sexual boast?
                  Only feebs vote.

Comment

Well.. that doesn't make any sense. They use to advertise their software and it helped them out (especially after Jobs came back), and they always used to advertize their hardware.
                    They have only advertised when they were under the illusion that they could actually take a big chuck from the competitors... now, they know the truth.

I guess all the money is going on the ipod ads.
                    Exactly... they are least advertising something that can make a difference in the market...

Yet mac sales are up by almost half. Weird.
                    Half of nothing is still nothing...

They are still very small fish in a very big pond... and all their dreams have coming crashing down... they are an insignificant player... and they now know it.
                    Keep on Civin'

Comment

"As I stated earlier... we don't work for either. But I can proudly say that if they asked us to do something like this, we would recommend they don't do it... and then after they disagreed, we would have taken their money to the bank in a second "

Wow, that's great.
                      Long time member @ Apolyton
                      Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

They are still very small fish in a very big pond... and all their dreams have coming crashing down... they are an insignificant player... and they now know it.

They don't compete in all markets -- in the ones they do compete in they don't do too badly. If I had 3-4% of global computer sales I'd be pretty pleased. Dell only has slightly less than 20% IIRC. That's a fair bit of cash.
                        Only feebs vote.

Comment

They don't compete in all markets -- in the ones they do compete in they don't do too badly. If I had 3-4% of global computer sales I'd be pretty pleased. Dell only has slightly less than 20% IIRC. That's a fair bit of cash.
                          True enough... but so much more was expected from them... and they failed. And many of their failures can be attributed to stupid decisions on their part...

They make money, so I guess they are happy
                          Keep on Civin'

Comment

I don't think they can expect more than say, the average niche car maker. Apple doesn't make cheap boxes for business, and that is a large chunk of sales.

But that is quite a bit of cash. Plus they punch far above their weight in publicity. I still can't work out why that is.

Still, they've spent a fortune on their new shops, and those seem to be raking it in.
                            Only feebs vote.

Comment

Apple is a loser in the computer hardware business so they're trying to expand into other areas like music. Good for them if they can but I won't be buying an IPOD since it is an over priced under performer.
                              Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Apple is doomed!!! DOOMED!!!

People have being saying that for 25 years.
                                Only feebs vote.

Comment

Working...
                                X