US Housing starts drop 17.6%

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KrazyHorse View Post
    It is, ****. Anybody who thinks that a slowdown in housing in 2008 (or in this case 2005!) causes a ****ty economy in 2011 is a ****ing moron of kiddy proportions
    You sound like Ben. The housing market crash was a huge deal, and it still is many years later. You really have a very poor understanding of how markets sometimes fail to recover.
    I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
    - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Originally posted by DanS View Post
      It's a one-month figure. Who knows what happened that month.
      Ever the plucky optimist.
      "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
      'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
        You sound like Ben. The housing market crash was a huge deal, and it still is many years later. You really have a very poor understanding of how markets sometimes fail to recover.
        The housing market crash was not a huge deal, you ********. Employment in the housing industry is a relatively small piece of the US economy, and the change in employment in this sector was 1-2 orders of magnitude smaller than the change in overall employment.

I'll repeat: anybody who thinks that "housing" is the reason GDP and employment have stagnated FOR HALF A DECADE is a moron of epic proportions.
        12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
        Stadtluft Macht Frei
        Killing it is the new killing it
        Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Originally posted by KrazyHorse View Post
          The housing market crash was not a huge deal, you ********. Employment in the housing industry is a relatively small piece of the US economy, and the change in employment in this sector was 1-2 orders of magnitude smaller than the change in overall employment.

I'll repeat: anybody who thinks that "housing" is the reason GDP and employment have stagnated FOR HALF A DECADE is a moron of epic proportions.
          The problem is that real estate was the only area of growth besides the financial sector. No growth, no recovery.
          I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
          - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Working...
          X