No announcement yet.

The 100 Greatest Americans revealed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've never seen or heard her, but everytime I see her name, I think degenerate.

And just so there's no mistake, I meant her being gay might explain why she was put on the list...

Comment

She's also a woman with money and sway. Don't forget how degenerate that is.
      "I predict your ignore will rival Ben's" - Ecofarm
      ^ The Poly equivalent of:
      "I hope you can see this 'cause I'm [flipping you off] as hard as I can" - Ignignokt the Mooninite

Comment

Buzz Armstrong, Lance Armstrong, Maya Angelou
        Bill Clinton, Jimmy Carter, George Washington Carver
        Aha! Only two pages and already Arkansas has made its quota (2 out of 100).
        but, exclusion of Johnny Cash:
        if ELLEN DEGENERES can get on the list, Johnny Cash should be number 1

Douglass, Edwards, Eisenhower
        but Einstien is Swiss!
        Ben Franklin and John Glenn
        Bob Hope, Thomas Jefferson, Helen Keller
        3 Kennedys, MLK Jr, and Abraham Lincoln all on the same page. Well, whatever it takes to balance out Limbaugh...

Where the hell is MacArthur?

What the hell are Dr. Phil and Nixon doing on this list?
        Patton, Parks, Jesse Owens.
        So long as I include Jesse Owens I might as well include Muhammed Ali with a . Sports figures like Owens and Ali deserve eligibility because their interaction with the fans is not all centered on sports.
        3 Roosevelts and Babe Ruth
        Salk, Tesla, and Truman
        Washington, Walton, and Twain

Who the hell do they think they are, letting Orville and Wilbur share a space? I think they should get their own separate spaces. We can bump off Nixon to do it.

EDIT: Oh, and I skipped s for Cesar Chavez and Hillary Clinton, so:

Hillary Clinton
        Cesar Chavez
        meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

I'm not sure that Tesla ever naturalized. Does anyone know?
          "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Buzz Armstrong?? Was he the secret cameraman?

I miss people like Duke Ellington, Louis Armstrong, Irving Berlin. George Gershwin etc. on the list.

Comment

What about the leading thinkers of the American Revolution: Madison, Monroe, Mason, and Franklin? How about Sam Adams? Jeez, he's the proximate cause of the American revolution.

Comment

Nixon certainly is not on the list because he was a great president. He is there because of is bad behavior, etc. Notoriety.

I suspect Ellen D. is a heroine to some for her parading about, but she is on that list for the same reason as is Nixon.

The list is wierd in that respect. Most of the people are on the list because they did great things in their lifetimes. It is remarkable that the list would also include Nixon and Ellen.

Oh, wait. I also see that Bill and Hillary are on the list as well.
                http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

What about the leading thinkers of the American Revolution: Madison, Monroe, Mason, and Franklin? How about Sam Adams? Jeez, he's the proximate cause of the American revolution.

Comment

As far as northwest Alabama goes...

Jesse Owens
                    Helen Keller
                    Solomwi is very wise. - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

Dr. Strangelove, I totally agree. The people who put this list together have a very misleading title. It is a list of the most notorious Americans, not the Greatest Americans. If Barack Obama or Ellen the Parader win, AOL would be a laughingstock.
                      http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

Lance Armstrong is a 'notorious' American, Ned?
                        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Imran, it includes both the famous and the infamous. It is not a list of the "Greatest."

Comment

But you said most 'It is a list of the most notorious Americans' .
                            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                              But you said most 'It is a list of the most notorious Americans' .
                              Well, Imran, you can nitpick with the best of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                                Lance Armstrong is a 'notorious' American, Ned?
                                I think he uses steroids

Comment

Working...
                                X