The 100 Greatest Americans revealed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The 100 Greatest Americans revealed

The order isn't revealed yet. However, the list has, among others, Ellen Degeneres, Barbara Bush, Barack Obama, Dr. Phil and Pat Tillman. Oh, America!
    "Spirit merges with matter to sanctify the universe. Matter transcends to return to spirit. The interchangeability of matter and spirit means the starlit magic of the outermost life of our universe becomes the soul-light magic of the innermost life of our self." - Dennis Kucinich, candidate for the U. S. presidency
    "That’s the future of the Democratic Party: providing Republicans with a number of cute (but not that bright) comfort women." - Adam Yoshida, Canada's gift to the world

Ronald Reagan is in.

All is well.

Comment

Bah, we recently had such a show in France, and the list included Coluche or Cousteau. Napoleon didn't even make it to the top 10 (fortunately, current celebrities didn't either )

Edit: well, current celebrities made it to the top 100 however. People such as
      Brigitte Bardot (mostly known for showing her nice ass on TV in the 60ies),
      Dalida (An Egyptian pop singer of the past),
      Michel Platini (almost got us to win the football world cup in the 80ies), or
      Daniel Balavoine (middle-of-the-road singer who died young) are next to Louis Pasteur, Marie Curie, or Voltaire.

My personal favorite remains Jacques Chirac, who manages a whooping #42
      Last edited by Spiffor; April 19, 2005, 08:16.
      "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
      "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
      "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Dammit, I see our votes for Ted Striker were in vain. I demand a recount!
        Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Dammit, I see our votes for Ted Striker were in vain. I demand a recount!
          They probably recognize voting campaigns, otherwise we'd probably have seen Howard Stern and Richard "Lowtax" Kyanka in there.

...Lowtax would have deserved a nomination more than like 33% of the current candidates, too...
          "Spirit merges with matter to sanctify the universe. Matter transcends to return to spirit. The interchangeability of matter and spirit means the starlit magic of the outermost life of our universe becomes the soul-light magic of the innermost life of our self." - Dennis Kucinich, candidate for the U. S. presidency
          "That’s the future of the Democratic Party: providing Republicans with a number of cute (but not that bright) comfort women." - Adam Yoshida, Canada's gift to the world

Comment

Einstein, Mel Gibson???

Anyone else wanting Wacko Jacko to win too?
            Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
            Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Edit: well, current celebrities made it to the top 100 however.

Where does Serge Gainsbourg stand?

Comment

Originally posted by Dracon II

Here'ss the list
                "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Originally posted by Dracon II
                  Edit: well, current celebrities made it to the top 100 however.

At a 45 degree angle, next to the nearest bar.

Serge Gainsbourg and the Marseillaise, reggae style
                  Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

That list is totally incomplete!
                    Attached Files
                    The enemy cannot push a button if you disable his hand.

Comment

Yeah, the list is incomplete. The British voted him greatest American of all time, how come he's not even in the top 100 of the Americans?

Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

JM
                        Jon Miller-
                        I AM.CANADIAN
                        GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

What a fantastic list. Jed Bush must be feeling left out. Mom, Dad, bro and even sister-in-law got a place. Is that one of the greatest achievements in America, being married to a President?

Not many artists / writers / jazz musicians.

Quite a few non-Americans (Gibson? Why not Rupert Murdoch? Einstein? Tesla? Schwarzenegger? Why not Greg Norman? he lives in America. John Cleese lives in America, put him in.

No Johnny Carson, no Martha Stewart, no Sara Michelle Gellar, no Star Trek people at all, who voted for this list

Comment

Originally posted by molly bloom

At a 45 degree angle, next to the nearest bar.

Serge Gainsbourg and the Marseillaise, reggae style
                            et cetera....

Comment

72 : ROBESPIERRE

.... beats Sartre, Monet and Baudelaire?

The Pimpernel must be rolling in his grave

Comment

Working...
                              X