Firefox Woes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Firefox Woes

My bookmarks are missing and I haven't done anything unusual since the last time I used internet

Any suggestions?
    Who is Barinthus?

I got them back, whew. How do I make a back up so next time something bad happens I can still retrieve my bookmarks?

Thanks
    Who is Barinthus?

Comment

Hm, it used to be a bug though I don't know if they fixed it. Go grab yourself a copy of Bookmark Backup (extensions) just to have peace of mind.
      (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
      (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
      (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Never experienced that sorry. I have experienced one problem with firefox though. Sometimes when you watch net videos the screen hangs and when you close firefox and try to reopen it you get a message about "firefox default user profile is already in use". A reboot solves it but I'd be happier if it never happened.
        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

It happened today. My PC restarted for no reason (crash?) and when I tried to lauch Firefox, not only my bookmarks were gone, but also my Firefox theme. Never happened before. Fortunately, I have a backup.
          Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

Under Linux just go into the profile (default in your case) and delete the "lock" file. Maybe it's the same for Windows.
            (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan

Comment

Originally posted by Urban Ranger
              Hm, it used to be a bug though I don't know if they fixed it. Go grab yourself a copy of Bookmark Backup (extensions) just to have peace of mind.
              Will do.
              Who is Barinthus?

Comment

Originally posted by Urban Ranger
                I can't find this Bookmark Backup but perhaps were you referring to Maple 0.5.35?

Who is Barinthus?

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin
                  Never experienced that sorry. I have experienced one problem with firefox though. Sometimes when you watch net videos the screen hangs and when you close firefox and try to reopen it you get a message about "firefox default user profile is already in use". A reboot solves it but I'd be happier if it never happened.
                  Or do CTRL ALT DEL and close Firefox that way. Then you can open it.

Comment

Originally posted by Barinthus
                    I can't find this Bookmark Backup but perhaps were you referring to Maple 0.5.35?

https://addons.update.mozilla.org/ex...umpg=10&id=536
                    Hm... mine's called "Bookmark Backup." Hmm, a Google search gives me this link: http://www.pikey.me.uk/mozilla/

Comment

Thanks!
                      Who is Barinthus?

Comment

Working...
                      X