No announcement yet.

Why?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought they used explosives instead of fuel for the actual blowing up. Hmm. Also, a single fighter plane could probably not carry enough fuel to sustain such a long-term blaze that it would start to have such an effect on the ship's structure. AFAIK the fuel burned on so that the steel girders of the buildings started to bend and gave away under the weight of the floors above them.

Edit: indeed, by the time you start sending in the suicide pilots, fuel is probably scarce too.
    Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

That's right... because the fire insulation had decayed off the girders...

They won't let that happen ever again...

Comment

Originally posted by Kassiopeia
        I thought they used explosives instead of fuel for the actual blowing up. Hmm. Also, a single fighter plane could probably not carry enough fuel to sustain such a long-term blaze that it would start to have such an effect on the ship's structure. AFAIK the fuel burned on so that the steel girders of the buildings started to bend and gave away under the weight of the floors above them.

Edit: indeed, by the time you start sending in the suicide pilots, fuel is probably scarce too.
        actually from what I understand, the initial jet fuel burned off in minutes. The remaining fire was from office materials and such in the buildings.

Comment

Working...
        X