What's New In The Palistinian-Israeli Situation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by paiktis22
    Who else is in the final 4? Panathinaikos, Macambi, TSSKA Moscow and...? Bologna?
    Google says "TAU Ceramica".

It doesnt really matter. It's was clear from day 1 that Maccabi and CSKA will be the ones playing in the final.
    "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

One wonders whether there can ever be true peace so long as the likes of Iran and Syria continue to fund and support terrorist groups.The Palestinians do not seem to understand that such countries have no true interest in peace with Israel, and will do everything in their power to keep the Palestinian issue from being solved.
      http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

Originally posted by Edan
        although I think the the major terrorist groups aren't eager to erupt major violence until they've sufficently rebuilt and rearmed, preffering low level violence at the moment.
        Or maybe I'm wrong:

A 15-year-old Palestinian boy carrying five pipe bombs was detained by IDF forces at the Hawara roadblock south of the West Bank town of Nablus.

The boy, identified as Hassan Hashash, was obviously sent by someone and terrified, a soldier involved in the incident told Ynet.
        link
        "I read a book twice as fast as anybody else. First, I read the beginning, and then I read the ending, and then I start in the middle and read toward whatever end I like best." - Gracie Allen

Comment

So long as the radicals can get funding from outside Palestine, they will continue their assault on peace. I don't see any deal the PA makes with them holding for very long.
          http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

In the end, it doesn't really matter what the PA agrees to with Hamas, etc or what they agree to with the PA. In order for their to be any chance for peace, the palestinian people have to consciously reject the radical networks. And the best way for this to happen is for Abbas to be constructive. While maintaining security is important, he must concentrate on building peaceful structures, be they governmental, infrastructural, or what have you. The people must see the PA as an effective organization, and they must see that it as a constructive agency in constrast to the destructive terror networks. When that happens, it won't matter what outside groups fund the terrorists. They'll be marginalized, and will function like organized crime does in the US.
            "Remember, there's good stuff in American culture, too. It's just that by "good stuff" we mean "attacking the French," and Germany's been doing that for ages now, so, well, where does that leave us?" - Elok

Comment

Admiral, wishful thinking. I think terrorism has to be attacked at the root, not at the leaf.

Comment

Originally posted by DaShi
                No, I meant the Southern hemisphere.
                If you pay attention to the middlish strip and ignore Antartic and Artic circles you can get a general feel for whats going on in the world.
                "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

Working...
                X