Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What happens to the rest of the world if the US economy crashes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What happens to the rest of the world if the US economy crashes?

Lets say the dollar drops like a rock, everyone starts calling in loans to the US and not giving any more. So what happens then?
    Long time member @ Apolyton
    Civilization player since the dawn of time

We're all screwed
    We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

nothning. ****, off, *****.
      12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
      Stadtluft Macht Frei
      Killing it is the new killing it
      Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Magna takes off

German cars become "over priced"

French wine becomes know as "freedom" wine

and Canada takes out a loan
        Monkey!!!

Comment

economist will tell people it's a bad thing for the world economy as they have when any large country has poor economic performance be it Japan or the US or a bloc like the EU. That's about it. Nothing spectacular beyond the usual economic ripples.

Comment

I shall emerge from the devastated ruins of Washington DC, start a propaganda blaming Amish Mongolians for all of America's woes and become the next Hitler.

Comment

The price of primary resources drops due to lower demand, which means Australia gets shafted.
              I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Amish Mongolians?

Come on. you are going to need a catagory that fits more than 2 people

how about we persecute CFCers?

or

Gay ppl, much easier, we all hate them any way.
                Monkey!!!

Comment

That's the whole point you see! While the people are busily looking for Amish Mongolians to persecute, I shall gain more and more power until I become president for life. Also, we’ll need to invade Canada or Mexico for some Lebensraum.

Gay people are ok in my book but they will be forced to dress like pirates and say "Ar, Matey" once a day.

Comment

Aren't they already?

Monkey!!!

Comment

Re: What happens to the rest of the world if the US economy crashes?

Originally posted by Lancer
                      Lets say the dollar drops like a rock, everyone starts calling in loans to the US and not giving any more. So what happens then?
                      all of our creditor's debt instantly becomes worthless, so they can no longer rely on it to pull them out of trouble as Japan did.

Any number of countries have set themselves up on the export to America model of economic growth, they are all thusly boned.

theres probably some other bad effects as well.

Comment

Somebody wake Imran up! He's our resident econ. major.

Comment

Originally posted by Comrade Tassadar
                          The world converts to communism.

Desperados of the world, unite. You have nothing to lose but your dignity.......

Comment

Not as much as people think. Canada will be screwed. People will just find other countries to swap stuff with.
                            Only feebs vote.

Comment

The USA is a major source of demand for the entire world, and so a complete crash of the US Dollar would sent demand for foreign good plummeting, which would be a pretty huge hit for the world economy. On the other hand, US exports would become much cheaper abroad and so they would be able to import comparative disadvantage good from the USA at a much cheaper price.
                              "I'm moving to the Left" - Lancer

"I imagine the neighbors on your right are estatic." - Slowwhand

Comment

Working...
                              X