Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are stewardesses trained to land a plane?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are stewardesses trained to land a plane?

The wife is watching a movie and the stewardess hasn't a clue. It would seem to me a good thing for them to know, particularly when we're at war with terrorists.
    Long time member @ Apolyton
    Civilization player since the dawn of time

Yes, stewardesses would make great pilots in a war on terror.
    I changed my signature

Comment

If the pilots of the airliner you're on get killed and they have to land the plane, you might be saying that for real.

Comment

Last edited by Ted Striker; August 3, 2020, 07:12.
        We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

I think the stewardesses would go before the pilot, since pilots are behind a really hard to get through door.
          I changed my signature

Comment

Re: Are stewardesses trained to land a plane?

I doubt it.

Comment

They have people that can talk the plane down.

Shatner.
              Attached Files
              We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

"They can land themselves in MY LAP."

I'm sure they get the proper training for this from the pilots themselves.

"I doubt it."

So do I, but giving them a few hours in a simulator might not be too expensive and could save lives someday, who knows?

Comment

"They have people that can talk the plane down. "

...and ex military pilots like 'Ted Stryker' to land the plane.

Comment

"I think the stewardesses would go before the pilot, since pilots are behind a really hard to get through door."

Good point. I think one of the first civilian casualties in the war on terror was a stewardess who had her throat cut with a boxcutter razor.

Comment

no
                      “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

Originally posted by Lancer
                        "I think the stewardesses would go before the pilot, since pilots are behind a really hard to get through door."

Good point. I think one of the first civilian casualties in the war on terror was a stewardess who had her throat cut with a boxcutter razor.
                        the war on terror didnt start until some crafty semantics engineer invented the phrase
                        "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                        'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

"the war on terror didnt start until some crafty semantics engineer invented the phrase"

I have a different take...the war on terror started the instant the second plane hit the WTC and everyone realized. At that moment nothing could have stopped it.

Comment

if the sterwardess is landing the plane e you;re in trouble.
                            12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                            Stadtluft Macht Frei
                            Killing it is the new killing it
                            Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

unless she's hot, then seh I would love for her to direct my plane into the hanger

if ya know what i mean
                              Monkey!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X