X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Provost Harrison
    Ouch!
    Heh you think that's high?

Between 1979 and 1994 Brazil's prices rose 179 billion-fold (an average rate of 463%)
    Over the last decade they have merely tripled
    19th Century Liberal, 21st Century European

Comment

This poll has a lot more replies and the categories are smaller
      “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

Between 5000 and 9999. My income (support form the parents and occasional job bonus) varies from month to month, but is always between 500€ abd 750€ a month.
        "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
        "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
        "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

I added up everything, except for the 1 million + per year (cuz frankly, I dont buy it) and got an average annual income of 54 151$ USD, which is not so bad considering all the students that hang-out here.

Spec.
          -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

The grand total of my income this year is £3070 in student loans.

That's it.

My outgoings are slightly higher.

Oh dear.
            Desperados of the world, unite. You have nothing to lose but your dignity.......

Comment

£3070 =~ 20 trips to the hair dresser
              “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

Comment

Never thought of it like that.

But then, that's why credit cards and overdrafts were invented.
                Desperados of the world, unite. You have nothing to lose but your dignity.......

Comment

You really need to get wider distribution on that XXX line of yours.

On a more serious note, the distribution graph of the poll results is amazingly flat. I would have expected a bell shaped curve. Clearly we need more entries.

Comment

Clearly people aren't being totally honest. Also, for students, how much we *make* isn't quite our income. If this was on earnings, it would be lower, as it wouldnt include student loans and the like.
                    Smile
                    For though he was master of the world, he was not quite sure what to do next
                    But he would think of something

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker

Comment

Why would you include loans as part of your income? I bought a place not too long ago - should my income go up a few hundred thousand because of my mortgage?

If you're a student living entirely off of loans or parents, your income is 0. If you have a part time or summer job, your income is whatever you make there.
                      "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
                      "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
                      "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

The number of students who include loans as part of their income may reflect the success o the advertising campaigns of the credit card companies. If the students were serious about this, it is a bit frightening.

Comment

Re: How much do you make a year?

Re: How much do you make a year?
                          I am an individual who is 100% responsible for my actions. I give meaning to everything in my life. Therefore, I make a year whatever I choose - good or bad. Does that answer your question? I dont understand the nature of the poll..

Comment

Originally posted by Kontiki
                            Why would you include loans as part of your income? I bought a place not too long ago - should my income go up a few hundred thousand because of my mortgage?

If you're a student living entirely off of loans or parents, your income is 0. If you have a part time or summer job, your income is whatever you make there.
                            Because our loans are government provided and interest free. Because the education they give pays for itself - ie at all points you are better off for having it, as the repayments are much less than the extra earned because of having a degree.

And yes, your income would be higher the year you took out a mortgage, and lower every year for the term of the loan.

Originally posted by pchang
                            The number of students who include loans as part of their income may reflect the success o the advertising campaigns of the credit card companies. If the students were serious about this, it is a bit frightening.
                            Nope, student loans here are government provided. They're interest free in real terms, and are paid back only when you're earning over £15k, and as an extra tax, before you get your paycheck.
                            Smile
                            For though he was master of the world, he was not quite sure what to do next
                            But he would think of something

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker

Comment

Why not use logaritmic scale?
                              money sqrt evil;
                              My literacy level are appalling.

Comment

Originally posted by Drogue
                                Clearly people aren't being totally honest. Also, for students, how much we *make* isn't quite our income. If this was on earnings, it would be lower, as it wouldnt include student loans and the like.
                                Personally, all of my income comes from family support, save from the odd job (which I hope will dramatically increase soon).

I don't know any of my colleague students who lives off loans. Most of them (being from the middle class) are supported by their parents, with the occasional aid from the State. Actually, my colleague who's from the poorest family has an higher income than me, thanks to aid.
                                Among the French students from poor families, aid and jobs are where money comes from. Loans are quite rare.
                                "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                                "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                                "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Working...
                                X