Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If we didn't die in 2000, will it be in 3000? I dont think so.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If we didn't die in 2000, will it be in 3000? I dont think so.

I mean, obviously, we have passed the "End of the world when god says so" phase. But the world has to come to an end sometime. How do you think it will happen. Or will it ever happen.
    Humans adapt to many many situations, and I dont see the day where humans will not be able to live. We can create oxygen, grow food indoors, explore othere planets, live under water. I mean, its gonna take a whole lot to eliminate our species.
    A disease would be unlikely to be our end, pollution maybe but I think we will figure out a way to live indoors and/or solve the problem. I bet that a majopr meteor impact would'nt succeed in killing us all. Other than the sun dying out before we are able to move from planet to planet, we just cant all be eliminated.

Discuss.

Spec.
    -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

nm

Comment

Wow JohnT, how enlightning.

Never thought of that.

Spec.
      -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

Anyway, now that I'm gonna comment on the OP and not what I think the OP is gonna be about ( ), I'll say this:

I agree. It'll be hard to wipe out every human alive. However, the complete and utter collapse of civilization can probably be brought about with the death of 15-25% of us, which wouldn't be impossible.

But rebuilding it won't be anywhere near as difficult as doing it the first time.

Comment

as long as we keep the knowledge we collected over more then 5000 years of human CIVILIZATION i dont think people will die out pretty quickly
          Bunnies!
          Welcome to the DBTSverse!
          God, Allah, boedha, siva, the stars, tealeaves and the palm of you hand. If you are so desperately looking for something to believe in GO FIND A MIRROR
          'Space05us is just a stupid nice guy' - Space05us

Comment

Lets wait and find out!
            Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
            1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

Originally posted by DeathByTheSword
              as long as we keep the knowledge we collected over more then 5000 years of human CIVILIZATION i dont think people will die out pretty quickly
              I'm thinking an "extinction event" kind of thing. Asteroids, mutated diseases that wipe out 35% of the population, that sort of thing.

Comment

well that still leave enough to survive...i read somewhere that to repopulated the earth without causing mutated babies because of inbreding you would need 10000 people...
                Bunnies!
                Welcome to the DBTSverse!
                God, Allah, boedha, siva, the stars, tealeaves and the palm of you hand. If you are so desperately looking for something to believe in GO FIND A MIRROR
                'Space05us is just a stupid nice guy' - Space05us

Comment

Originally posted by JohnT

But rebuilding it won't be anywhere near as difficult as doing it the first time.
                  Hopefully we won't be stupid enough to rebuild what, in all probability, killed us in the first place.
                  Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Originally posted by General Ludd

Hopefully we won't be stupid enough to rebuild what, in all probability, killed us in the first place.
                    HA! You wish....We ARE humans after all.....

Spec.

Comment

The problem with rebuilding is that right now, we're using up a lot of non-renewable resources, which wouldn't be available next time around. This could put a serious dent on any attempt to create an industrial civilization anything like the current one.
                      "Remember, there's good stuff in American culture, too. It's just that by "good stuff" we mean "attacking the French," and Germany's been doing that for ages now, so, well, where does that leave us?" - Elok

Comment

Why should God care about human years? 1,000 years is something we made up. Even if God is operating on a nice round number like that, why would it be following a Christian calander?

Milleniariism is bull pocky.
                        Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Don't care. I'll be dead. My kids and grandchildren will be dead. The dynasty I founded that crushed the world under its jackboot will have fallen. The only remaining trace of me will that Amazon will still have delayed orders in my name.
                          The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

Working...
                          X