Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Golden anniversary for Golden Arches (McDonald's)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nor was it Ray Kroc's vision. The first franchise chain was, IIRC, White Castle or possibly Brown's Chicken. Both started in the 20s. Carls Jr and KFC both started in the 40s.
    This I didn't know.
    STDs are like pokemon... you gotta catch them ALL!!!

Comment

Originally posted by General Ludd

That's definately something to be proud about.
      As is your attitude. A nice fad, can't wait for it to end.

Comment

I crave their hot fudge sundaes.
        Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

My old English Teacher used to work on the night shift at McDonalds, and there was a rivalry going on between the nighters and the dayers, so the nighters decided to hide hamburgers around the kitchen to annoy them. So, they put up a sign under the counter, which said "You have 2/3/4 hamburgers to find today" and each burger would have a sticker on its wrapping saying "Haha" or a or something else.

Anyway, when they were cleaning one night a year or so after this had been stopped by the management, they found a hamburger perfectly wrapped in the corner behind a cooker (which the day-staff obviously didn't find). so they unwrapped it...

...and the burger was in perfect condition.

Comment

I celebrated by eating lunch and McDonald's today. I am not used to drinking a lot of caffeine. That coke gave me a buzz.
            “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

Originally posted by Verto

As is your attitude. A nice fad, can't wait for it to end.

It's not a fad. I've always been like this.
              Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Only at service stations...the other food there is just as bad and considerably overpriced so they have a bit of a captive market. McDonalds tend to have a consistent pricing policy across the country, even at service stations...otherwise I wouldn't eat there by option...
                Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Originally posted by Kalius
                  My old English Teacher used to work on the night shift at McDonalds, and there was a rivalry going on between the nighters and the dayers, so the nighters decided to hide hamburgers around the kitchen to annoy them. So, they put up a sign under the counter, which said "You have 2/3/4 hamburgers to find today" and each burger would have a sticker on its wrapping saying "Haha" or a or something else.

Anyway, when they were cleaning one night a year or so after this had been stopped by the management, they found a hamburger perfectly wrapped in the corner behind a cooker (which the day-staff obviously didn't find). so they unwrapped it...

...and the burger was in perfect condition.
                  I think someone mentioned that earlier on in the thread...the things contain more preservatives than the embalmed corpse of Lenin in his mausoleum...
                  Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Service stations.

Pack your own lunch.
                    Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Yeah, that is probably the best course of action if you think of things like that in advance. It is just this country has the worst service stations in existence. I've been to them in France or Portugal and they are far superior...
                      Speaking of Erith:

Comment

Originally posted by Starchild

What in the name of all powerful merciful Zeus were they made with before?

Reconstituted textured liposuctioned fat from morbidly obese American kids at fat camp.

With added msg, salt, sugar, dextrose, fructose, glucose and gardenhose too, probably.
                        Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

That reminds me of a biochemistry practical where we had to test sugars and they put out the usual suspects: fructose, glucose, lactose, sucrose, maltose but the technician decided to be funny and put romanose and comatose in there too
                          Speaking of Erith:

Comment

Originally posted by Adagio
                            The local McDonald's interior looks nice and it being a small town I live in there's usually not that many people in there, and so far I've never been disturbed by noisy people
                            By "noisy people", I mean "kids".

I love children, just not at a McDonald's. It brings out the worst in them.

But to be fair, it's been several years since the last time I ate at one so things may have changed.
                            DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

I don´t eat at McD´s it tastes like crap. And they don´t even have veggie burgers anymore, not that it matters though. They tasted like crap also... I´ve stopped eating at Burger King also, the last time I ate there I got a serious case of diarrhea. I´m having it my way, as far away from BK as possible...
                              I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

Originally posted by Adagio
                                I like McDonalds
                                During that month I came there twice per week, didn't gain any weight at all
                                Because it went straight through or because it came up again after a while?
                                I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

Working...
                                X