No announcement yet.

Major Leauge Baseball Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Damn, I keep forgetting I can watch the Cubbies now.
    Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Originally posted by Ming
      First... the fan should NOT have reached into the field of play for the ball. If it's out of play, that's one thing... but not the case here. The fan was ejected from the ball park, as he should have been.

Most experts that have reviewed the film say that Sheffield didn't do anything to deserve being ejected.
      I agree... Sheff just pushed the hand away while trying to retrieve the ball and then 'acted tough'. No reason to do anything to Sheff. The fan was ejected and rightfully so. Even if he didn't mean it, you can't make it allowable.
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara
        Damn, I keep forgetting I can watch the Cubbies now.
        Haha! I've probably watched the Cubbies this season more than you have now . I love getting WGN because we get the Chicago news... the weather report is a hoot!
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

dont forrget in last years ALCS, they had to call out riot police in yankee stadium to calm down the fans when they started throwing **** onto the field.
          "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

I wish the Phils had a rivalry like NYY-BOS. When PIT was in NL East, that was a rivalry. ATL and FLA might fit the bill but it isnt a real rivalvry because they are so far away. NYM used to be good - I guess that is the closest thing we have to a rival. Maybe WAS will be our bitter rival someday.

Comment

No one has a rivalry like NYY-BOS!! That's what makes it Yanks-Red Sox .

Well at least no one in American sports.

Comment

servette - grasshopp used to be a helluva rivalry, but servette went bankrupt.
                "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

Mets won again... 6 in a row!

Comment

Woohoo! Nats complete their sweep of Arizona, putting them at 8-4. Washington 1st in War, 1st in Peace, and 1st in the NL East!

I'm also happy to see Baltimore also doing well with an 8-4 record. I'm also very happy to see the Yankeees start off so badly at 4-8, Last in the AL East. Looks like Mr. Steinnbrenner is a little upset.

Expert recap and game analysis of the Baltimore Orioles vs. New York Yankees MLB game from April 17, 2005 on ESPN.

BALTIMORE (AP) -- George Steinbrenner is tired of waiting for his New York Yankees to get going.

Now he's angry.

Miguel Tejada hit his eighth career grand slam, and the Baltimore Orioles roughed up Kevin Brown and completed a three-game sweep of New York with an 8-4 victory Sunday. The last-place Yankees (4-8) have dropped four straight and eight of 10 overall.

"Enough is enough. I am bitterly disappointed as I'm sure all Yankee fans are by the lack of performance by our team," Steinbrenner said in a statement issued immediately after the game.

"It is unbelievable to me that the highest-paid team in baseball would start the season in such a deep funk. They are not playing like true Yankees. They have the talent to win and they are not winning. I expect Joe Torre, his complete coaching staff and the team to turn this around."
                    "I'm moving to the Left" - Lancer

"I imagine the neighbors on your right are estatic." - Slowwhand

Comment

I expect Joe Torre, his complete coaching staff to turn this around

im laughing all the way to the bank

Comment

What the heck. The Mets actually seem decent this year- aren't they suppose to suck? Apparently they lost today, but I saw 'em yesterday at Shea, and it was pretty good. Piazaa was drunk or something with 3 Passed Balls & a strikeout he let get past him (responsible for 2 out of 3 of the Marlins' runs), but otherwise, they looked pretty nice. Pedro held 'em to 2 runs over 6 innings, and I saw one of the rare times that a great defensive play actually might have helped out the offense- in the top of the 8th, the left fielder made an incredible catch in deep left field followed by a very fast throw back to the infield to double up the shocked runner on first. Not too often you see 7-6-3 double plays. In the bottom of the 8th, the crowd was still roaring like a giant rally was going on despite it being "merely" a leaoff single, and the Mets ended up going ahead in that inning.
                        All syllogisms have three parts.
                        Therefore this is not a syllogism.

Comment

HAHA... Dan Kolb sucks and the Brave's bullpen is ****.

Oh, and no, the Mets were supposed to be good this year. There were plenty of people predicting they'd challenge for the Wild Card.

the left fielder

Probably Mike Cameron. He was the CF last year.

Comment

The official website of the Boston Red Sox with the most up-to-date information on scores, schedule, stats, tickets, and team news.

And Nomar is hurt again
                            "I predict your ignore will rival Ben's" - Ecofarm
                            ^ The Poly equivalent of:
                            "I hope you can see this 'cause I'm [flipping you off] as hard as I can" - Ignignokt the Mooninite

Comment

Originally posted by Shi Huangdi
                              Woohoo! Nats complete their sweep of Arizona, putting them at 8-4. Washington 1st in War, 1st in Peace, and 1st in the NL East!

I'm also happy to see Baltimore also doing well with an 8-4 record. I'm also very happy to see the Yankeees start off so badly at 4-8, Last in the AL East. Looks like Mr. Steinnbrenner is a little upset.

Expert recap and game analysis of the Baltimore Orioles vs. New York Yankees MLB game from April 17, 2005 on ESPN.

on the MFY sentiments, on the O's.
                              When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

Originally posted by Lawrence of Arabia
                                I expect Joe Torre, his complete coaching staff to turn this around

im laughing all the way to the bank
                                And my daughter is heading for college in Boston in the fall, so I'll be back to visit quite a few times, naturally coinciding with when the Sox are in Fenway.

BTW, Lawrence of Arabia,

Do you happen to still have a copy of that pic you posted in one of the ALCS threads last year with that hamburger helper hand photoshopped onto a-rod as he was slapping Bronson Arroyo?

I had a copy of that and can't find it anywhere.
                                When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

Working...
                                X