No announcement yet.

Finland's great political drrrrrrrrama!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finland's great political drrrrrrrrama!

Let's start with the basics. In 2006 Finland will have a presidential election. The sitting president Tarja Halonen (of the Social Democratic Party) is quite popular and rather unlikely to be unseated, but that doesn't stop people from trying. One of the potential challengers is Finland's current Prime Minister...

...Matti Vanhanen, of the Center Party.

Matti's possible presidential campaign suffered a setback last week, though - his wife filed for divorce. She gave no reasons to the press, and neither has he, though it's known that he would have liked to continue the marriage. Of course, divorce in itself isn't a show-stopper, though it's quite amusing, since Vanhanen has always been Mr. Ordinary McBoring, wife-and-two-kids family man who lives in a quiant little countryside town and doesn't even drink alcohol.

Of course, rumours started to swirl right after the divorce, most of them linking Vanhanen to Finland's Culture Minister (who also was former Miss Finland)...

...Tanja Karpela. (Also of the Center Party.) Matti (and his wife, and Tanja) have, of course, denied that anything untoward's happened. And what do you know, here's today's tabloid headlines:

(translation) "Tanja Karpela admits: Vanhanen was in Karpela's hotel room at night!"

Apparently, this happened in 1999, during Center Party's convention in hotel Rosendahl in Tampere. After the convention, the party delegates went night clubbin', and Karpela's friend gave Vanhanen Karpela's room number.

The friend was also given instructions to not return to the room before 3:30, and when the friend came back, he encountered flustered-looking Vanhanen leaving the room. First Karpela and Vanhanen denied that this had happened, then Karpela admitted that this had happened but they only discussed politics, because what any women wants after a night at the club is some hot hot mano-a-womano political discussion I guess. Do they have a relationship? What's going on? They're probably orgasming about this right now at the editorial staff of both big tabloids.

It gets better! Another contestant for president is former Financial Minister and current vice-president of the European Investment Bank...

...Sauli Niinisto, of the Conservative Party. What makes it interesting that Sauli was also hittin' it with Tanja during 2000s. Their relationship was public, of course, and was pretty big tabloid-wise, seeing as they both were politicians and Tanja is hot and so on. However, last year, the couple (oh no!) broke up. Not to forget that recently, after Sauli announced he'd be seeking Finland's presidency, Tanja criticized him publicly for having too hard (hur hur hur) values and so forth. Is this all connected? Will we see fisticuffs in front of the Parliament House? Who will Tanja bang next in her quest for power?

Oh, Finland!
    "Spirit merges with matter to sanctify the universe. Matter transcends to return to spirit. The interchangeability of matter and spirit means the starlit magic of the outermost life of our universe becomes the soul-light magic of the innermost life of our self." - Dennis Kucinich, candidate for the U. S. presidency
    "That’s the future of the Democratic Party: providing Republicans with a number of cute (but not that bright) comfort women." - Adam Yoshida, Canada's gift to the world

Tanja Karpela
    We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Finland's Culture Minister (who also was former Miss Finland)

who said that blonds are stupid...(or is she really bad at her job because of the banging of president candidates?)
      Bunnies!
      Welcome to the DBTSverse!
      God, Allah, boedha, siva, the stars, tealeaves and the palm of you hand. If you are so desperately looking for something to believe in GO FIND A MIRROR
      'Space05us is just a stupid nice guy' - Space05us

Comment

No, I'd rather say that she's bad at her for reasons such as her connections to wacky Indian cult-like groups, but that's a whole different story.

In any case Tanja Karpela continues to be the only Center Party politician I'd ever voting for president, simply because she's hot. (I might consider Olli Rehn, though he's not very hot.) Presidency is a powerless job, anyhow, so it'd be nice to have a good-looking president, especially considering that the current one looks like she's been driven over by a truck full of ugly logs.
        "Spirit merges with matter to sanctify the universe. Matter transcends to return to spirit. The interchangeability of matter and spirit means the starlit magic of the outermost life of our universe becomes the soul-light magic of the innermost life of our self." - Dennis Kucinich, candidate for the U. S. presidency
        "That’s the future of the Democratic Party: providing Republicans with a number of cute (but not that bright) comfort women." - Adam Yoshida, Canada's gift to the world

Comment

She's so hot that I'm considering running for President of Finland myself.
          He's got the Midas touch.
          But he touched it too much!
          Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

No, I'd rather say that she's bad at her for reasons such as her connections to wacky Indian cult-like groups, but that's a whole different story.

Indian as in Asia?

Comment

Yup.

Comment

Finland is a fabulous place
                "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Tanja criticized him publicly for having too hard (hur hur hur) values and so forth. Is this all connected? Will we see fisticuffs in front of the Parliament House? Who will Tanja bang next in her quest for power?

But what is meant by "hard values"?

Comment

Basically being a fiscal conservative.

Comment

So he wouldn't allow her to run up the credit cards?

Smart man.

Comment

This is all BS. We all know, in here, that Tanja's credits are showing her ass on beach photo shoots and that's it. In here, it's enough if you are known. That means you will be politician. Doesn't mean you have to have brains. Like Mikko Alatalo, who still throws gigs in pubs and bars, singing and playing guitar. Which is what he was all about, a very bad singer, half popular in drunken bars. of course, he took the benefits of flying free to go for a gig in a bar, that caused a bit criticizing, and rightly so. What a ****er.

This is clear tabloid BS. They are getting worse and worse every month, adn soon they will descend to the level of UK tabloid papers. It's not that far away anymore.

Anyway back to Tanja. Yeah sure she's hot, she tries to look professional and prolly pours poison into her skin to make it look older. But in real life, she's pretty hot, especially great body. Very good ass and breasts (big). Muscles, some abs, all that.

But should we have her in our political lead? HELL NO! Well.. voters decide. , so what can I do. It's a joke anyway. We all know, that if there was some nasty sex involved, it was because Tanja was trying to get up in the party. Not because she was genuinely attracted to that Boring Dude. It's a joke guys, this place is becoming the biggest joke. Quite frankly, I don't find it funny.
                        In da butt.
                        "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                        THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                        "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Sauli For President though! That would be about the first candidate in this country in my lifetime that I would totally vote and promote for. I would so much want him to win. I hope he joins the race. He is the only dude (who might be candidate) who actually IS smart, KNOWS things and gets things DONE. Not this SDP Bull****.

Oh, and Tanja.. says they broke up because Sauli has hard values.. Sauli's reply was perfect. He said 'Well, Someone who says I have hard values, as opposed that they have soft values, strikes me odd if they go on and rant about it in the papers, about our former private life'. And '.. I have no more comments'. It was PERFECT REPLY. That breastcarrier should just keep her hippie mouth shut and go give it to homeless dudes for free. Oh yeah, but she is not THAT much in need of solidarity, just in the talks.. yeah a hypocrite pig basically. OINK OINK!
                          In da butt.
                          "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                          THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                          "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

"That breastcarrier..."

Who wants to hire Pekka to head the HR department?

Comment

Sauli looks like a klingon.

I wish he'd married Vienonen. A smart prez, though a bit powerless, and hot first lady.

And yeas, I will vote him, if he chooses to run.
                              I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

Working...
                              X