NYC Restaurants

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NYC Restaurants

I'm going to be in NYC tomorrow night in Chelsea, Manhattan. Can any of you city dwellers recommend a good 3 star restaurant to me? 14 or so diners.
    "In Italy for 30 years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed. But they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love. They had 500 years of democracy and peace. And what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."
    —Orson Welles as Harry Lime

What's a 3-star restaurant?
    (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
    (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
    (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

A restaurant that's rated 3 stars, UR.

Comment

duh...

I haven't been to NY in years.
        Monkey!!!

Comment

I'm just trying to find something not too expensive, but has good food and atomosphere.
          "In Italy for 30 years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed. But they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love. They had 500 years of democracy and peace. And what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."
          —Orson Welles as Harry Lime

Comment

Originally posted by JohnT
            A restaurant that's rated 3 stars, UR.
            What's that? We don't have anything like that here. Probably a US only thing.
            (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan

Comment

Originally posted by Urban Ranger

What's that? We don't have anything like that here.
              No, you don't.

12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
              Stadtluft Macht Frei
              Killing it is the new killing it
              Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Zing!

Comment

Originally posted by KrazyHorse
                  No, you don't.

Surely, since we don't go that low.

Comment

Nice bit of Google, that. Only three minutes from Krazy's riposte for you to find out that higher is better, and then respond accordingly.

Comment

J0hnT m@d3 t3h PwN3dAge
                      In Soviet Russia, Fake borises YOU.

Comment

It is not too far from Chelsea to the Meat Packing District. Much better places there. I was partial to Pastis, but they've gone down hill a bit. There is a new hotel there (Gansevoort) with a great Japanese restaurant in it (Ono).
                        “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

I think he's asking the wrong crowd about medium-to-fine dining in NYC. If Molly Bloom, Boris, or Starchild doesn't bother to chime in, what hope do the rest of us have???

Comment

What are you talking about. I go to NYC on an expense account fairly regularly.
                            “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

Comment

If you must stayin Chelsea, then Man Ray is my choice. Hmm, I do notice a predilection torwards Asian places.

Comment

Working...
                              X