Lancer vs T h e V i r u s...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lancer vs T h e V i r u s...

I got online this morn, made the silly thread about Britney being pregnat, and then my comp just shut down. Dumped offline, and shut off. So, I started it up again. Came back to Poly, tried to start a new thread, and it happened again. Well. So, I decided to play some Civ. I start the comp, start the game, a few seconds later, the comp shuts down. Just as if I'd gone to the start menu and did it myself. So I run my virus scan. Naught, no virus. I update it, no new updates. Everything ran fine during this process, but then it shut down again. So, I call my ISP and thay suggest that I go to my virus scan site and run it from there. Well, now somethimng new starts. The key that I type is not the letter that gets put up on the screen. Jibberish! Even worse than my normal stuff. So I can't get the virus scan going online, then my comp shuts off. So, I run my recover disks. In the middle of the recover the comp starts making funny noises. I moved the keyboard from it's drawer to get to it and WATER pours from it! A couple of nights back I left the window open and some rain had gotten on my comp desk. I had cleaned it up but not realized that it had run over the desk and dripped on the keyboard.

Brb, gotta go pick up my Pa In Law
    Long time member @ Apolyton
    Civilization player since the dawn of time

rain and computers don't mix

Comment

Damn.thought I was the only one with bad luck on computers.

Comment

"rain and computers don't mix "

NOW you tell me.

"Damn.thought I was the only one with bad luck on computers."

Wait Doc, I'm not finished!

Soi the biggest loss so far was my Civ save games when I used my recover disks...for no reason it turned out. Now, I needed to dry out the keyboard. Well there's an electric baseboard heater behind my comp desk. So I turn it on and climbing under my desk manouver the keyboard so it sits on top and then Dolores and I went out shopping. When we got back I discovered that keyboards must be made of really crappy plastic because some of the keys had deformed in the heat and it was history.

At this point I realized that I was the virus, and I better just stop. I got an old keyboard, reloaded everything and things are ok so far.

How was your day?

Comment

You are now my hero!

ACK!
          Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Dude, always back up your Civ games!
            (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
            (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
            (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

Dude, always back up your Civ games!

i even have hard copies of my save games...
              Bunnies!
              Welcome to the DBTSverse!
              God, Allah, boedha, siva, the stars, tealeaves and the palm of you hand. If you are so desperately looking for something to believe in GO FIND A MIRROR
              'Space05us is just a stupid nice guy' - Space05us

Comment

civ isn't that important.

Comment

/me slaps dissident around with a big fat smelly trout...

hmz need to install IRC again
                  Bunnies!
                  God, Allah, boedha, siva, the stars, tealeaves and the palm of you hand. If you are so desperately looking for something to believe in GO FIND A MIRROR

Comment

now if they were smac games, I could understand.

Comment

/me apoligazes to dissident and gives him the big fat smelly trout to do with what ever he wants

Bunnies!

Comment

Originally posted by Lancer
                        "rain and computers don't mix "

NOW you tell me.

"Damn.thought I was the only one with bad luck on computers."

Wait Doc, I'm not finished!

Soi the biggest loss so far was my Civ save games when I used my recover disks...for no reason it turned out. Now, I needed to dry out the keyboard. Well there's an electric baseboard heater behind my comp desk. So I turn it on and climbing under my desk manouver the keyboard so it sits on top and then Dolores and I went out shopping. When we got back I discovered that keyboards must be made of really crappy plastic because some of the keys had deformed in the heat and it was history.

At this point I realized that I was the virus, and I better just stop. I got an old keyboard, reloaded everything and things are ok so far.

How was your day?

OMG Lance!

Comment

Well a new keyboard isn't too expensive, and they will generally be fine once they have dried off. Besides the electricity supply to a keyboard is very low so I doubt there could have been anything too nasty (unless you got water in the computer itself).
                          Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Yeah I should back up my saves. But I won't.

"civ isn't that important."

Back ye devil spawn of evil!

Provost, if I hadn't melted the keyboard it might still work. No water in the comp or monitor. It could be much worse...

Like today for instance. The wife is cracking the whip and I just finished mopping the kitchen and have two loads of laundry yet to go. Man, I miss my Philippine maid.

Comment

How does that explain the computer shutting off by itself?

Comment

Working...
                              X