Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Homosexuality and Sports: Survey Results

One set of questions which boggles my mind:
    It is OK for male athletes to participate in sports even if they are openly gay

Agree: 86%, Disagree: 14%

It is OK for female athletes to participate in sports even if they are openly gay

Agree: 78%, Disagree: 22%

Eh?

Also scary:
    What athletes do in their private life is their own business

Agree: 67%, Disagree: 34%

That's a lot of "disagree"...
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

I can see the last one

Athletes are often role models for many, so like other people who are in the public eye, their private life is not entirely their own

Jon Miller
    Jon Miller-
    I AM.CANADIAN
    GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

So if they choose to play football they can't be gay because it might make little kids become gay?
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

its not even close asher, its seperated by more than 10 percentage points
        "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
        'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Originally posted by MRT144
          its not even close asher, its seperated by more than 10 percentage points
          Huh?

Comment

the last one. its not a lot of disagree. its not even close
            'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

I think 34% of people thinking that their private lives need public regulation is high, is what I meant.

That's an outrageous opinion IMO.

Comment

it doesnt surprise me. people get attached to celebs because they lack their own interesting lives. not everyone thinks about the implications of the question.

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
                  So if they choose to play football they can't be gay because it might make little kids become gay?
                  where does private life == gay?

I was responding to the third questoin which had little to do with homosexuality

Jon Miller
                  Jon Miller-
                  I AM.CANADIAN
                  GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Jon -- the context of the survey is pretty clear. Even the title...

Comment

I think gay women should be encouraged to do sports... especially if the are bisexual, and hot... and only wrestle... or a sport that involves very little clothes, a lot of bouncing, and/or water.
                      Monkey!!!

Comment

It's OK for homosexuals to participate in sports provided they are not open about their sexuality. Agree 40% Disagree 60%

Comment

Originally posted by Japher
                          I think gay women should be encouraged to do sports... especially if the are bisexual, and hot... and only wrestle... or a sport that involves very little clothes, a lot of bouncing, and/or water.
                          You mean like this?

EDIT: Link removed due to possible rule violation
                          Last edited by Zoid; April 14, 2005, 07:01.
                          I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
                            I think 34% of people thinking that their private lives need public regulation is high, is what I meant.

That's an outrageous opinion IMO.
                            the way the question is worded implies that it's not just about homosexuality. People see athletes as role models. That's why this steroid thing is a concern. no one gives a **** if these people destroy their bodies. They just don't want their kids to be influenced to use steroids.

Comment

I'm pretty sure you can't link to sites like that here.
                              I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Working...
                              X