Culture War?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Culture War?

I just picked this book up from a friend (girl #2 in the hot or not thread) and have begun reading it. Its very interesting because it tackles the issues of the myth of polarization in america that is espoused by the leaders of both political parties, and by the talking heads of media.

Has anyone else read this book? any thoughts, ideas, etc etc?
    "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
    'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

I haven't read the book, but I can assure you america is not polarized. So it is indeed a myth as the book suggests. But I don't need a book to tell me I'm right.

Comment

somehow it reminds me of 'jenny government'
      Bunnies!
      Welcome to the DBTSverse!
      God, Allah, boedha, siva, the stars, tealeaves and the palm of you hand. If you are so desperately looking for something to believe in GO FIND A MIRROR
      'Space05us is just a stupid nice guy' - Space05us

Comment

its only 80 pages and has multiple graphs and charts.
        'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

polarised in what way?

Comment

politically. lib vs con.

Comment

ah.... thought you were going to say economically polarised.... which would've made for quite a debate.

What were the arguments in the book?

Comment

ive just read the first chapter, but the premise is america isnt as politically divided over issues like gay marriage, abortion etc etc.

Comment

Working...
                X