Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Re: Why San Antonio is the coolest city ever

Originally posted by General Ludd

You feel that Canada needs more parking lots?

Or more architects who make their building models out of Lego bricks.
    Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

Originally posted by Drake Tungsten
      Wait... there's a difference between Canada and the United States?

No. It's just a big scam we Yanks have been running so we can feel safe travelling around Europe with our "Canadian flag" patches on...
      I knew it.
      Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
      Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
      We've got both kinds

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin
        I saw the Alamo which started as a Spanish Mission and while it was historically significant (and thus well worth visiting) it was kind of plain.
        Why, did something important happen at the Alamo?
        Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara
          Why, did something important happen at the Alamo?

A bunch of Texan slaveowners got their comeuppance.
          Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by Lancer
            Cities blow chunks

Give me the unspoiled ocean vistas or the great snowcapped mountains.
            I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
            - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Originally posted by Kontiki
              I too am a little curious as to what's special about that picture, or San Antonio as a whole. I've heard it's a decent city, but nothing amazing.

Having been there I will say I quite enjoyed the River Walk and the Alamo but nothing struck me as outstandingly excellent that would vault this place over other cities. In fact I really like Calgary and region. I know its cold here but for an aspiring skier thats a plus
              You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

My San Antonio is generally NOT regarded as the 'coolest' around here, Austin usually get that title, but its a great place for families, and pays decent commercial rents while being partly immune from economic downturns.
                Last edited by Lefty Scaevola; April 13, 2005, 12:09.
                Gaius Mucius Scaevola Sinistra
                Japher: "crap, did I just post in this thread?"
                "Bloody hell, Lefty.....number one in my list of persons I have no intention of annoying, ever." Bugs ****ing Bunny
                From a 6th grader who readily adpated to internet culture: "Pay attention now, because your opinions suck"

Comment

Originally posted by Lefty Scaevola
                  My San Antonio is generally NOT regarded as the 'coolest' around here, Austin usually get that title, but its a great place for families, and pays decent commercial rents while being partly immune from economic downturns.

Austin?????????

Comment

Yes, Austin.

I've lived in both. Austin hands down!
                    We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Docfeelgood
                      Austin?????????
                      Austin, the only place the rest of the country even considers visiting in Texas.
                      Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Yep, Austin. Your reeking swamp full of cockroaches Houston gets repution for business, smoke filled rooms, industry, oil magnates, sports, and some music (but stangely not for zydeco, which was invented and eveloped there, rather than Lousisana) but Austin get the rep for music, youth fun, high tech, lifestyle, and cool.
                        Gaius Mucius Scaevola Sinistra
                        Japher: "crap, did I just post in this thread?"
                        "Bloody hell, Lefty.....number one in my list of persons I have no intention of annoying, ever." Bugs ****ing Bunny
                        From a 6th grader who readily adpated to internet culture: "Pay attention now, because your opinions suck"

Comment

From these pics, looks rather provincial and boring. ( ha!)
                          urgh.NSFW

Comment

Originally posted by Lefty Scaevola
                            Yep, Austin. Your reeking swamp full of cockroaches Houston gets repution for business, smoke filled rooms, industry, oil magnates, sports, and some music (but stangely not for zydeco, which was invented and eveloped there, rather than Lousisana) but Austin get the rep for music, youth fun, high tech, lifestyle, and cool.
                            You forgot to mention that Austin is the only Texas city that is on the "America's Fittest Cites" list, while Texas has 5 cities on the "Fattest "list,

ACK!
                            Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

It's cuz Austrin is a gay mecca.

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara
                                It's cuz Austrin is a gay mecca.

Ya beat me to it!!!!!!

That is what I was going to say

Comment

Working...
                                X