Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Florida mother sells one daughter into prostitution, trades other daughter for car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Florida mother sells one daughter into prostitution, trades other daughter for car

The page you're trying to access could not be found or is no longer available.

Police: Fla. Mom Sells Daughters For Car, Prostitution

POSTED: 9:34 pm EDT April 12, 2005
    UPDATED: 10:31 pm EDT April 12, 2005

OKEECHOBEE, Fla. -- A mother is under arrest, accused of selling a 12-year-old daughter into prostitution and trading a 14-year-old daughter for a car.

The 39-year-old woman, whose name is not being released to protect the girls' identity, is charged with two counts of aggravated child abuse and two counts of sexual performance by a child. She was being held Tuesday in the Okeechobee County Jail on $400,000 bond.

Both girls have been turned over to the Department of Children & Families, the Okeechobee News reported for Wednesday editions.

The youngest girl and her mother were living out of their car and the prostituting was for food and an occasional shower at the men's homes, according to a report by Okeechobee County Sheriff's Office Detective K.J. Ammons

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    IMAGES: More strange stories, images featured on Local6.com
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The youngest daughter is currently three months pregnant, the report said, and the girl was 11 when her mother first forced her to have sex with a man. She charged $20 for the sex.

The older daughter refused to be used as a prostitute and was allegedly sold for car.

"She was sold to a man for a Mercury Cougar," Ammons said. "But, he never gave the mother the vehicle."

Ammons said the car has an estimated value of $500-to-$1,000. That 23-year-old man has since been arrested. He was charged with sexual performance by a child and was booked into the county jail and is held on $100,000 bond.

The youngest girl told detectives that her mother pulled both girls out of school for fear they would tell someone.

"She said she was a good student and made A's and B's, and all she wants to do is go back to school," Ammons said.

Ammons said DCF will get the girls into a new school.
    Ah, Floridians...
    "I'm moving to the Left" - Lancer

"I imagine the neighbors on your right are estatic." - Slowwhand

:shakes head:
    "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

"She was sold to a man for a Mercury Cougar," Ammons said. "But, he never gave the mother the vehicle."

She should sue him.
      Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

I'm in the market.

Comment

Originally posted by General Ludd
          She should sue him.
          She probably could

Comment

You can always sue... it's winning that's the difficulty
            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

for you.

Comment

Reason [LARGE_NUMBER] why Fark has a "Florida tag."
                oh god how did this get here I am not good with livejournal

Comment

Working...
                X