Help with identifying some classical music

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with identifying some classical music

I was watching Star Trek TNG (episode 6x19, Picard has a fling with the astrophysics officer and drama ensues). There was a brief snippet of a piece of classical music I know I've heard somewhere, but can't quite name, being the unwashed barbarian I am.

Its elusive identity has bugged me to no end, so here's all I could salvage from the episode (the composition *should* be recognizable):

It's using an html tag and thus skips the redirect, so just right click and "Save target as..."

It's a teeny tiny mp3, but I can get pretty much any sort of obscure format uploaded if needed.
    Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

It's Beethoven's famous "Moonlight" sonata.
    Only feebs vote.

Comment

Easy: "Moonlight Sonata" by Ludwig van.....

Lovely, lovely, lovely. Perfect music to prepare for a little bit of the old "in and out".
      "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

I pwned you by one minute strangelove.

Bwahahhahahhaha!!!
        Only feebs vote.

Comment

strangelove, for some reason, the first picture that flashed into my brain was a sick sick dude, who was alone, working overtime in the customs at the airport, caught some poor guy doing nothing, and suspects him. Moonlight Sonata is the music of his choice, and while the poor guy is bending over a table, the sicko custom worker lifts his head up slowly, from chin in the chest to face pointing straight upwards at the roof. Sucking it all in. Like an artist he is. The poor guy at this point is beyond annoyed and is terrified. 'EYES FRONT or I'll let the dogs on you', he threatens the guy with naked bottom. Then his big hand and rubber glove meet, violently. The glove doesn't want to go in. But it is weaker in the face of greater passion.

Yea.. a bit of the old in and out.
          In da butt.
          "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
          THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
          "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Originally posted by Agathon
            It's Beethoven's famous "Moonlight" sonata.
            Thank you!

It was one of those midis you have on Windows 98 when you install it, had it on my laptop, that's where I must have heard it.

And a thank you to Dr Strangelove too, although his advice on "in and out" will probably go to waste if given to me
            Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

no no Kassi, all you have to do is look suspicious while walking through customs.
              In da butt.
              "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
              THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
              "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Now see if anyone can identify this. It's one of my faves...

Only feebs vote.

Comment

I like it too... John Adams?
                  Monkey!!!

Comment

Hmm.
                    "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

Nope.

Let's give that faker Boris some time to hear it.
                      Only feebs vote.

Comment

Sounds to me vaguely Stravinsky-esque.
                        "Remember, there's good stuff in American culture, too. It's just that by "good stuff" we mean "attacking the French," and Germany's been doing that for ages now, so, well, where does that leave us?" - Elok

Comment

Nope.
                          Only feebs vote.

Comment

Maybe Berlioz? I don't recognize it, but it's somewhere between 1850 and 1920 or so.
                            "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

nope
                              Only feebs vote.

Comment

Working...
                              X