DUH: Kobe Really Wasn't That Good, SHAQ is the MAN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DUH: Kobe Really Wasn't That Good, SHAQ is the MAN

Last edited by Ted Striker; August 3, 2020, 22:34.
    We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Re: DUH: Kobe Really Wasn't That Good, SHAQ is the MAN

Originally posted by Ted Striker
    Well, it's pretty much been proven that the Los Angeles Lakers made the dumbest move in the history of basketball. They let the greatest coach and the greatest player go last year.
    I don't know. Sam Bowie for Michael Jordan was pretty ****in' stupid too. Can't fault the Akeem pick, but Sam Bowie???

Comment

Naw, I take that back. You're right. At least with Bowie/Jordan you can argue that you really can't predict the future. But the LA LaKobe's actually did have the benefit of hindsight - the LaKobe's knew that Jackson+Shaq+Kobe+Teamwork=Championship, and probably could have led the once-Lakers to a minimum of five more championships.

I stand corrected. The dismantling of the Lakers into the LaKobe's was the dumbest move in professional basketball, and might even be the worst personnel decision in the history of major American sports.

Ted, telling it like it is:

Hitting it X 23 :

Comment

Most Obvious Stripper: Layla

Comment

Hitting it X 23 :

Comment

Last edited by Ted Striker; August 3, 2020, 22:35.
            We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by JohnT
                Naw, I take that back. You're right. At least with Bowie/Jordan you can argue that you really can't predict the future. But the LA LaKobe's actually did have the benefit of hindsight - the LaKobe's knew that Jackson+Shaq+Kobe+Teamwork=Championship, and probably could have led the once-Lakers to a minimum of five more championships.

The Lakers would have never won another championship. Simply because your equation didn't work anymore.

ACK!
                Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Originally posted by Ted Striker
                  I tried to pick a favorite HEAT dancer but they are all too pretty.

On the basketball front, I'd like to see Phil Jackson go to Minnesota or Miami, or even Houston. He's been seen at the recent Lakers games so there is alot of speculation.

I think he will be coaching again next season.
                  But without a Superstar, his team will suck.

ACK!

Comment

Comment

I agree, Shaq is the man.

For more proof look how good the Orlando Magic were under him.

Comment

Originally posted by Dissident
                        I agree, Shaq is the man.

For more proof look how good the Orlando Magic were under him.
                        Yeah, all those second place finishes...........

ACK!

Comment

Originally posted by Tuberski

The Lakers would have never won another championship. Simply because your equation didn't work anymore.

ACK!
                          It's how they won the first three, though it is true that by the third the "teamwork" aspect was almost dead.

Comment

Originally posted by Tuberski

Yeah, all those second place finishes...........

ACK!
                            they made the playoffs and the rest of the team wasn't that good.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X