Marburg Spreading

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marburg Spreading

The outbreak in Angola keeps spreading and now 4 neighboring countries are considered at risk. How long before an infected person boards a plane and spreads it beyond Africa?
    “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

12 Monkeys!

We'll all be living underground!
    I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Re: Marburg Spreading

Originally posted by pchang
      an infected person boards a plane and spreads it beyond Africa
      The enemy cannot push a button if you disable his hand.

Comment

I guess Ingrid wants to die of a hemorrhagic fever.
        “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

Comment

Outbreak was also a good movie based on the theme.

the bbc has some info here:

BBC, News, BBC News, news online, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service

Sounds pretty bad

I wonder if, like in Outbreak, these kind of events will ever be linked to some scientific military black ops type scenario?
          'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Bush's Republican=Neo-con for all intent and purpose. be afraid.

Comment

bump

This could very quickly lead to a fubar-situation if it spreads to any major airport (places like Heathrow, JFK).

Comment

We had an Ebola outbreak in my home town...

Comment

Originally posted by TCO
                We had an Ebola outbreak in my home town...
                Yes, but that one was only deadly to monekys.

Comment

12 monkeys is one weird movie.

Comment

When I first saw the movie, I was sorely disappointed in the lack of monkeys.

Comment

Yes, but that one was only deadly to monekys.
                      Chemical testing indicated the most deadly "Zaire" strain, but only a couple people got sick (light fever and stomache upset) and they recovered fine, so evidently it is a new strain closely related to Zaire, but less deadly to humans. It ****ed the monkeys up something good though. And the samples of virus from that outbreak are still treated as class 4. I wouldn't want em in my fridge...

Comment

And they had to call the army in, for real.

Comment

I dont see how this would be a real problem unless someone started bleeding everywhere.
                          "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                          'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Class 4 containment eh? That's some serious sh*t...
                            Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Re: Marburg Spreading

The outbreak in Angola keeps spreading and now 4 neighboring countries are considered at risk. How long before an infected person boards a plane and spreads it beyond Africa?
                              Good thing is the virus strikes so quickly that such an event is highly unlikely.
                              (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                              (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                              (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Working...
                              X