Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Republican congressional status 1954-1960 (the help Admiral do his research thread)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Republican congressional status 1954-1960 (the help Admiral do his research thread)

I'm fairly certain that right now is the first time that the Republicans have held significant majorities in both houses of Congress under a Republican president since the formation of the New Deal. Am I right? Am I wrong? Am I lazy? Yes.
    "Remember, there's good stuff in American culture, too. It's just that by "good stuff" we mean "attacking the French," and Germany's been doing that for ages now, so, well, where does that leave us?" - Elok

1952-1954, actually. And it was only a bare majority in each house, IIRC.
    "Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
    -Bokonon

Comment

Originally posted by Ramo
      1952-1954, actually. And it was only a bare majority in each house, IIRC.
      Thanks.
      "Remember, there's good stuff in American culture, too. It's just that by "good stuff" we mean "attacking the French," and Germany's been doing that for ages now, so, well, where does that leave us?" - Elok

Comment

Well this was a short lived thread... Next time

do your own homework!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ramo
        Monkey!!!

Comment

Working...
        X