Apolyton Pope-Off 2005 - FINAL ROUND

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apolyton Pope-Off 2005 - FINAL ROUND

So, who is to be our darling papa? Who is pious enough and erudite enough and wise enough to guide our faith? Whom shall we Apolytonistas and Polytubbies elect to be OUR POPE?

Round 1 - First Circuit
    Round 1 - Second Circuit
    Zylka
    14.08%
    Starchild
    21.13%
    Pekka
    11.27%
    Ming
    5.63%
    Giancarlo
    14.08%
    Ben Kenobi
    16.90%
    Asher
    5.63%
    Alexander's Horse
    8.45%
    I'd rather watch banana vaudeville on MTV Italia
    2.82%
    Last edited by St Leo; April 9, 2005, 18:04.
    Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

I believe from the bottom of my soul that Starchild can make any hat look good.
    Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

To everyone who is hesitant about me as Pope, I just say this one thing...

Come on....What's the worst I could do? If you wanna know, elect me.
      Exult in your existence, because that very process has blundered unwittingly on its own negation. Only a small, local negation, to be sure: only one species, and only a minority of that species; but there lies hope. [...] Stand tall, Bipedal Ape. The shark may outswim you, the cheetah outrun you, the swift outfly you, the capuchin outclimb you, the elephant outpower you, the redwood outlast you. But you have the biggest gifts of all: the gift of understanding the ruthlessly cruel process that gave us all existence [and the] gift of revulsion against its implications.
      -Richard Dawkins

Comment

And won't everyone love for me to have this as my avatar for the rest of time (till God himself strikes me down):

Exult in your existence, because that very process has blundered unwittingly on its own negation. Only a small, local negation, to be sure: only one species, and only a minority of that species; but there lies hope. [...] Stand tall, Bipedal Ape. The shark may outswim you, the cheetah outrun you, the swift outfly you, the capuchin outclimb you, the elephant outpower you, the redwood outlast you. But you have the biggest gifts of all: the gift of understanding the ruthlessly cruel process that gave us all existence [and the] gift of revulsion against its implications.
        -Richard Dawkins

Comment

Starchild

The one that is most in line with himself, nature and all the forces surrounding him. He radiates calmness and has the right amount of passion and understanding.

Comment

Damn right. And if you don't vote for me, I'll break your legs and kill your children.
            -Richard Dawkins

Comment

Without legs I can even better worship you and I don't have children

Comment

Originally posted by Starchild
                Damn right. And if you don't vote for me, I'll break your legs and kill your children.
                why the legs? Why not the arms or nose? ya know its hard to type with broken arms
                When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.
                "It can't rain all the time"-Eric Draven
                Being dyslexic is hard work. I don't even try anymore.

Comment

Pekka
                  Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
                  The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

weak, i wasnt included!
                    "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                    'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Originally posted by Mrs. Tuberski

why the legs? Why not the arms or nose? ya know its hard to type with broken arms
                      I like your style. Vote for me and you can be, I dunno, Mary v2.0 or something. I'll even put you in charge of the limb breaking.
                      -Richard Dawkins

Comment

The Apolytonian Catholic Church? The ACC? Gonna form a new micronation inside Athens or something? How many members will it have?

Comment

Starchild or Pekka?
                          Monkey!!!

Comment

mmm... camp zylka needs your support!
                            I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
                            [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

Comment

I voted for Starchild
                              Monkey!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X