Help me find a song?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help me find a song?

It's something I heard years ago and now that I've gotten a lot of new music in my collection, I'm wondering if the song is there. Unfortunately, I can't remember the name or who's it's by.

It's a song about parents abandoning their kids to escape the stress of life. Includes the lyrics:

"The children woke up/and they couldn't find them./They left before the sun came up that day."
    Exult in your existence, because that very process has blundered unwittingly on its own negation. Only a small, local negation, to be sure: only one species, and only a minority of that species; but there lies hope. [...] Stand tall, Bipedal Ape. The shark may outswim you, the cheetah outrun you, the swift outfly you, the capuchin outclimb you, the elephant outpower you, the redwood outlast you. But you have the biggest gifts of all: the gift of understanding the ruthlessly cruel process that gave us all existence [and the] gift of revulsion against its implications.
    -Richard Dawkins

Never mind. Found it.

"The Way" by Fastball. Unfortunately it's not in any of the new music I got.

Anyone wanna email it to my gmail account?
    Exult in your existence, because that very process has blundered unwittingly on its own negation. Only a small, local negation, to be sure: only one species, and only a minority of that species; but there lies hope. [...] Stand tall, Bipedal Ape. The shark may outswim you, the cheetah outrun you, the swift outfly you, the capuchin outclimb you, the elephant outpower you, the redwood outlast you. But you have the biggest gifts of all: the gift of understanding the ruthlessly cruel process that gave us all existence [and the] gift of revulsion against its implications.
    -Richard Dawkins

Comment

I have a song stuck in my head, and I don't know the name. It goes

doooooooooooooo
      di
      doooooooooooooo

du
      da
      du

or something
      Monkey!!!

Comment