My Cookbook

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Cookbook

(If this is too long skip to the part that is in bold)

Alright, I've decided to write a cookbook. Probably not the best idea as most ppl need an actual restaurant in order to pawn off their books, but I think I can do it.

I am going to put together a bunch of recipes that are quick and easy and almost impossible to mess up. It'll be the end all to end all cookbooks thwarting Better Homes and Betty Crocker who not only look the same, but have the same mess of "American" rubbish that no one actually uses, but instead destroys.

I have over 35 cookbooks in my collection, making it the biggest of all sections in my book collection apart from books related to Chemical Engineering degrees. I have subscribed to Cook's Illustrated (the best cooking mag for real chefs) for over 5 years and am a fond admire of Sunset (another great mag and cookbook). The cookbooks I have vary but are mostly Mexican, Italian, American, and French. I have a box full of homemade recipes from ppl I have met, or alterations to recipes I have made. I also experiment with cooking all the time.

My Cookbook will be called "Cooking With Beer". While not all recipes will require beer (though most do), the jist is that you will get drunk while cooking, so these recipes are fail safe for us drunk cooks.

Here is a list of what it will include:

Bruchetta
    Chicken Wings (Teriyaki, Buffalo)
    O-Rings
    Fries
    Polenta
    Fried Cheese
    Shrimp Diablo
    Stuffed Mushrooms
    Chicken Salad
    Tuna Salad
    Pasta Salad
    Beef Stew
    Chicken Stew
    Chicken Noodle Soup
    Mexican Chicen
    Chili
    Clam Chowder
    Bisque (shrimp/lobster)
    Tortilla Soup
    Spicy Peanut Butter Soup
    Tomato Soup
    Baked Chicken
    Baked Turkey
    Ham
    Pork Chops
    Bratwurst
    Stuffed Peppers
    Rigatonni w/ Mozz and Eggplant
    Fett. Prima Vera
    Mac&Cheese
    Manacotti
    Seafood Shells
    Speg w/ Simple Red Suace
    Asparagus w/ garlic and pine nuts
    Broccoli with cream suace
    Potatos (mashed, boiled, baked, and scalloped)
    Grilled Corn
    Grilled Peppers
    Vegie Casserole
    Tiramisu
    Crème Brule
    Flan

And

The BBQ Essentials:

Rubs, Sauces, and Brines
    Pastes (olive, tomato, bean)
    Salsa
    and grillin techniques

Most of those I already have developed. Mutating recipes into better versions, adding secret ingredients, etc... A few I am still messing with.

My question (since I am already long winded), what is your favorite dish that should be included?
    Monkey!!!

My question (since I am already long winded), what is your favorite dish that should be included?

Okonomiyaki
    KH FOR OWNER!
    ASHER FOR CEO!!
    GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

There are two things in this world that I know are true: 1) there is no difference between good and bad flan, and 2) you do not work for the CIA.
      Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

The CIA is bunk, I watch their show and I have yet to learn anything new!
        Monkey!!!

Comment

Last week I made this stuff that consisted of clam chowder, ceyenne pepper, chicken broth, garlic, and chicken, all cooked in a crock pot for about four hours, then serve on fettucini. Turned out pretty good.
          <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

Hamburgers, specifically Loinburgers

Comment

off the top of my head enchalidas beef and cheese flour tortillas, macaroni salad, spanish rice, quick breakfast tacos ie potatoe and egg,migas didnt notice fried chicken or chiken fried steak
              When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.
              "It can't rain all the time"-Eric Draven
              Being dyslexic is hard work. I don't even try anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Ecthelion
                Hamburgers, specifically Loinburgers
                I'm sad to say that I missed out on Alfie's loinburgers the last time I was in the Chicago area.
                <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

Working...
                X