No announcement yet.

So, I need advice. Quickly.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, the food issue isn't as dire as it could be; i do have food lying around.

What bothers me more is the bills that are due soon.

Anyway, I'm headed to the bank now and asking for a loan, perhaps; I'm still not going to ask she who carried me for 9 months just yet.

Mercator The most sensible solution yet.
    B♭3

Comment

Originally posted by Max Webster
      Why wouldn't you post-date the cheques so that the cheques can only be cashed on the date shown. Then they wouldn't had no choice but stick to your schedule.

Thats what I do with my landlord, saves me running over there with a cheque every month.
      Post dated has no legal relevance. Checks are a demand item. It is actually illegal to issue them without the available funds.

Q-Cubed. You have no recourse against your landlord. If the bank has paid the checks then your issue is with them. Call your Banker and explain the problem ASAP. His/her only interest will be in seeing the return of the banks money, but he/she is likely to have seen this situation before and have some solutions to offer.

Best of luck.
      "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

What was the emergency?

Comment

Originally posted by PLATO
          Post dated has no legal relevance. Checks are a demand item. It is actually illegal to issue them without the available funds.
          Maybe it is illegal down there, not sure up here. The cheques are no good until the date marked on the cheque. Then on that date its my responsibility to have the funds available Works fine for me and landlords like it because they don't have to coming running to me for a cheque all the time. I have done that with three landlords now with no problem. Also any cheque I have recieved. I could not cash it until the date marked on the check. I know I have tried.

Comment

Originally posted by Max Webster
            Why wouldn't you post-date the cheques so that the cheques can only be cashed on the date shown. Then they wouldn't had no choice but stick to your schedule.

Thats what I do with my landlord, saves me running over there with a cheque every month.
            I was wondering the same thing. Problem was of your own making. Live and learn.
            "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
            "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
            X