Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Google Maps Adds Satellite Functionality...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Google Maps Adds Satellite Functionality...

Find local businesses, view maps and get driving directions in Google Maps.

Same with http://local.google.com/

Click the "Satellite" link in the top right corner.

Attached Files
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Map version...
    Attached Files
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Cool
      Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Post a pic of your location today, or be deemed a loser.
        Attached Files
        Only feebs vote.

Comment

okay!
          Attached Files

Comment

I am deemed a loser because Google thinks that North America is an island in an otherwise empty world ocean.
            urgh.NSFW

Comment

Sounds correct to me.

Comment

That's **** it only does America.

Anyway Multimap's been doing this for well over a year, although admittedly with lower quality images.
                Attached Files
                Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
                Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                We've got both kinds

Comment

I know it does, primitive savage.
                  urgh.NSFW

Comment

Originally posted by MikeH
                    That's **** it only does America.

Anyway Multimap's been doing this for well over a year, although admittedly with lower quality images.
                    The "Keyhole" software Google integrated (and bought some time ago) has been around even longer than that.

The fun part is now you can switch between map and satellite instantly...

When you search for Chinese Food restaurants on Google Local, you can view the map and then a picture.

Comment

Here's my location as well as that stupid google map can zoom in:
                      Attached Files
                      Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                      We've got both kinds

Comment

Originally posted by Asher

The "Keyhole" software Google integrated (and bought some time ago) has been around even longer than that.

The fun part is now you can switch between map and satellite instantly...
                        You that's what I was talking about multimap being able to do.

In fact not only that but as you move your cursor over the satelite image it superimposes a bit of local map...

Map multiple locations, get transit/walking/driving directions, view live traffic conditions, plan trips, view satellite, aerial and street side imagery. Do more with Bing Maps.
                        Attached Files
                        We've got both kinds

Comment

This is really damn cool! They don't even have the White House or the Capitol blocked out. Here's my 'hood.

Find local businesses, view maps and get driving directions in Google Maps.

Out in rural areas, the resolution isn't as good though.
                          I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Yeah, it would rule... if it had the whole world on it.

Anyway, by far the most intersting thing to look out for in this is the LA metro. Still, so depressing...
                            urgh.NSFW

Comment

It doesn't do well with my neck of the woods. Dense skyscrapers and their shadows make for kind of a muddled mess.
                              "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
                              "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
                              "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

Working...
                              X