A warning to stupid drivers.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A warning to stupid drivers.

DENVER - Colorado is serious about its no-dawdling law in left lanes. Drivers who insist on staying in the passing lane are risking tickets as the State Patrol has begun enforcing a law requiring motorists to use the left lane for passing only.

Since the patrol started enforcing the "Left Lane Law" three months ago, troopers have written about 460 tickets or about an average of five a day to drivers who dawdle in the left lane.

The law applies in zones with speed limits of 65 mph or higher. It took effect July 1, but troopers gave drivers until January to get used to the new law; warnings were issued instead of tickets.

Master Trooper Ron Watkins said that since the ticketing campaign began three months ago about 90 percent of the drivers he has pulled over for dawdling or cruising in the left lane said they didn't know that it was illegal to do so.

Violators of the left lane rule may be fined up to $41 and have three points tacked onto their driver's licenses. The law is not enforced when the highway is too congested to allow drivers to pass.

Basicly, if your not passing anyone, STAY OUT OF THE PASSING LANE!!!!

Not that there are any stupid drivers posting on Apolyton...

Oh, here's the link.
    Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
    1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Damn, there goes my business idea to have after market missiles mounted on the front of cars.
    "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

They spent a fortune on the signs that say "Slower Traffic Keep Right" and damnit!@ they mean it!

Here's a better warning to stupid drivers: I'm out there, in a 3/4 ton pick up, with no bumper gaurds, a plethera of scratches and dings, a solid steel fender, and a huge dislike for YOU!

hahahaha!
      Monkey!!!

Comment

I don't think putting the slower drivers in the right hand lane here would work well
        Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Originally posted by Provost Harrison
          I don't think putting the slower drivers in the right hand lane here would work well
          If by right hand lane you mean in a ditch disguised as a smoldering heap, then yep it works well everywhere.
          "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

Re: A warning to stupid drivers.

Originally posted by Donegeal

Basicly, if your not passing anyone, STAY OUT OF THE PASSING LANE!!!!

Comment

Other states already have those laws - when I was a teenager a friend I was driving with got ticketed for that - in an old VW bug - in NJ on an empty highway except for us and the cop at 2AM. The cop pulled us over thinking he was drunk - the problem was it was winter, the air heating system had rusted out, and we were trying to keep the windows cleared off due to our own breath in the VW. He was SOOO pissed, the cop was determined to write some sort of ticket.
              The worst form of insubordination is being right - Keith D., marine veteran. A dictator will starve to the last civilian - self-quoted
              And on the eigth day, God realized it was Monday, and created caffeine. And behold, it was very good. - self-quoted
              Klaatu: I'm impatient with stupidity. My people have learned to live without it.
              Mr. Harley: I'm afraid my people haven't. I'm very sorry… I wish it were otherwise.

Comment

The problem with CA driving is two-fold: ppl don't know how to merge and would rather stop to either get on the freeway or let others on the freeway, and the carpool lane is in the far left side of the road so all the carpool idiots have to "merge" through 3-6 lanes of traffic for four exits, and then "merge" back.

When you come up to a wall of cars and no one is passing anyone, and they are all doing 55 in a 75, it's really annoying. We here, in redneckville, call that a "chinese roadblock"
                Monkey!!!

Comment

In Illinois, if you are doing the legal speed limit and are driving in the left lane, you must get out of it if a speeder comes up behind you. Even though the speeder is breaking the law, you could be ticketed for slowing them down... and they have issued a bunch of tickets

I love this comment from the Illinois Official Web site...

Rutherford added, “I have been asked if one is driving the speed limit in the left lane and cars come up form behind speeding, is the lead car in the left lane at fault? The answer is if one is detaining traffic in the left, it is their obligation to move over to the right. The lead car in the left is not responsible to be the enforcer of the law, not to be the hall monitor. It would be their obligation to get out of the left lane and let the law enforcement officials ticket the speeders.”
                  And the law has made a difference... people now get out of my way when I cruise up behind them
                  Keep on Civin'
                  RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Speed Limits are really just "suggestions" as it represents the general rate at which traffic should flow. Cops are able to give tickets to people going at or below the speed limit if they believe that the driving conditions warrent the speed unsafe.

Excpetion: "Maximum Speed Limit"s are to never be exceeded.

Unless it's a construction zone.
                    Monkey!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ming
                      In Illinois...
                      In Wisconsin, it is an unwritten rule to watch out for FIBs. Although they hold me up as much as the next guy. Its those damn Minnasota drivers that REALLY drive me crazy...
                      Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
                      1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

Originally posted by Japher
                        They spent a fortune on the signs that say "Slower Traffic Keep Right" and damnit!@ they mean it!

Here's a better warning to stupid drivers: I'm out there, in a 3/4 ton pick up, with no bumper gaurds, a plethera of scratches and dings, a solid steel fender, and a huge dislike for YOU!

hahahaha!
                        Try and catch me.

I should have my own lane. Yea. I should.

SPec.
                        -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

Originally posted by Donegeal

Its those damn Minnasota drivers that REALLY drive me crazy...
                          PREPARE TO DIE!!!

Comment

Try and catch me.

I should have my own lane. Yea. I should.
                            It's only those I catch that I have the problems with.
                            Monkey!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Japher

"Slower Traffic keep right" is a bit ambiguous actually as people doing the speed limit will not think of themselves as "slower traffic"

I think a sign that says "KEEP RIGHT EXCEPT TO PASS" is much clearer
                              You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Working...
                              X