Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My patriocy declines again: Do we really have one united army?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My patriocy declines again: Do we really have one united army?

My very good friend who served in paratroopers was seriously wounded on duty. It was something like "routine training" It's because of stupid commanders that do not care about anything. Now army tries to do some silly trick on him to deny involvement and not give compensation and not pay for surgery. They even do not want to aknowledge easily detectable physical unabilities of his right arm due to the trauma.

My patriocy level is declining again. Some people here say that they live on military base "like in friendly family", while some other Israeli soldiers say "Commanders do whatever they want and never stop reminding us that slaves have more rights, than we have". Why? It looks like each separate military base considers itself as almost independent private army.

I'm very sad.
    money sqrt evil;
    My literacy level are appalling.

welcome to a society that cherishes its conscription.
    "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
    'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Is "patriocy" a neologism derived from "patriotism" and "idiocy"?
      "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

It sucks your Army doesn't have more accountability but it is just about every army on Earth where an enlisted man has fewer rights then a slave. That's one reason I got out, but, at least if you can earn your way into a top unit you will be treated better.

Paratroopers have a dangerous job and I can remember someone getting injured on every jump I made. You'd just be sitting on the plane, looking around at all these healthy people, and thinking "which one is it going to be; who will get it this time?". Some one always got blown off the drop zone by wind and into the trees, someone would land on a rock or a tree stump (one guy got a broken tree limb through his leg), or some idiot would land wrong and break a leg. It always happened.
        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Patriotism
          Declining patriotism
          Israeli conscription

I'm sorry to hear about your friend, that sucks
          "I work in IT so I'd be buggered without a computer" - Words of wisdom from Provost Harrison
          "You can be wrong AND jewish" - Wiglaf :love:

Comment

Originally posted by Comrade Tassadar
            antisemite
            I love you teh tassadar
            "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
            'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Sad to hear! There is no insurance that covers this?

Comment

Originally posted by Atahualpa
                Sad to hear! There is no insurance that covers this?
                In theory it is but it is hard to get. Military doctors usually say "Nothing abnormal found" even in the most obvious cases. So even army allowed you to visit civilian doctor it does not mean that army acnowledges his deagnosis.
                money sqrt evil;

Comment

Contacted him today. Army will pay for surgery.
                  money sqrt evil;

Comment

"I work in IT so I'd be buggered without a computer" - Words of wisdom from Provost Harrison
                    "You can be wrong AND jewish" - Wiglaf :love:

Comment

Good to hear

Comment

Army is quite a mess nowadays. They got loads of budget in the 90s, then got cuts... Everything has gone to the dumpster. Manpower placement issues, equipment upgrades, everything is messed up, 'cept for the sweet life in the airforce.

Fat airforce.
                        urgh.NSFW

Comment

Originally posted by Az
                          Army is quite a mess nowadays. They got loads of budget in the 90s, then got cuts... Everything has gone to the dumpster.
                          Sounds like the USA a decade (or less) from now.
                          Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

urgh.NSFW

Comment

Females have better conditions in Israeli rmy. If the tendency continues soon most of Israely army members will be females.
                              Last edited by muxec; April 10, 2005, 14:52.
                              money sqrt evil;

Comment

Working...
                              X