Ethics laws for lawyers.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ethics laws for lawyers.

The death of that lying sack of dog crap Jonnie Cochran has got me thinking. I'd like to see some improved ethics laws for lawyers. Currently lawyers are allowed to lie, cheat, and steal or do anything else in order to give their client "the best possible defense:, however, I believe it is unethical to lie. Lawyers are looked down upon by most of society because of their unethical behavior so I propose passing a law which would require any lawyer caught lying to be disbared.

We currently have so many lawyers that in places like California the average lawyer lives below the poverty line so I'm sure the honest lawyers will be happy if we get rid of the lying sacks of **** like Jonnie Cochran who knowningly lied and made things up in order to get clients off. Lawyers would still be able to offer a dynamic defense but if they diliberately lied while practicing law then they'd lose their ability to practice law. What say the rest of you?
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Re: Ethics laws for lawyers.

Originally posted by Oerdin
    Currently lawyers are allowed to lie, cheat, and steal or do anything else in order to give their client "the best possible defense
    Wow you don't have a clue how it works do you ??

Since perjury is a criminal offense I'm not sure what else you expect to get from additional rules
    You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Re: Ethics laws for lawyers.

The death of that lying sack of dog crap Jonnie Cochran has got me thinking. I'd like to see some improved ethics laws for lawyers. Currently lawyers are allowed to lie, cheat, and steal or do anything else in order to give their client "the best possible defense:, however, I believe it is unethical to lie. Lawyers are looked down upon by most of society because of their unethical behavior so I propose passing a law which would require any lawyer caught lying to be disbared.

We currently have so many lawyers that in places like California the average lawyer lives below the poverty line so I'm sure the honest lawyers will be happy if we get rid of the lying sacks of **** like Jonnie Cochran who knowningly lied and made things up in order to get clients off. Lawyers would still be able to offer a dynamic defense but if they diliberately lied while practicing law then they'd lose their ability to practice law. What say the rest of you?

Comment

The average lawyer lives below the poverty line in CA?
        "I'm moving to the Left" - Lancer

"I imagine the neighbors on your right are estatic." - Slowwhand

Comment

We need more laws to keep up the demand for these lawyers.
          I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
          - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Seems to me everybody thinks lawyers are **** till they need one. Tisk Tisk. dont forget guys you will need a "scumbag" (as most of you called them) Lawyer at somepoint in your life.
            When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.
            "It can't rain all the time"-Eric Draven
            Being dyslexic is hard work. I don't even try anymore.

Comment

Re: Re: Ethics laws for lawyers.

Originally posted by Flubber
              Wow you don't have a clue how it works do you ??

Since perjury is a criminal offense I'm not sure what else you expect to get from additional rules
              Except they aren't testifying are they so it is hard to perjure oneself.

Comment

Originally posted by Shi Huangdi
                The average lawyer lives below the poverty line in CA?
                That's what I read. Lawyers who graduate from top schools make a bundle but if you don't then the competition is stiff.

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Ethics laws for lawyers.

Except they aren't testifying are they so it is hard to perjure oneself.
                  So if they aren't testifying, then when are they lying?
                  12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                  Stadtluft Macht Frei
                  Killing it is the new killing it
                  Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

I'm talking about a lawyer who puts together a defense theory that he knows is a lie. Sure, the guy deserves a good defense but a lawyer should not be able to lie and keep his job.

Comment

Suborning perjury is also a crime.
                      Stadtluft Macht Frei
                      Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

So how are you going to prove that he "knows" it's a lie?
                        Stadtluft Macht Frei
                        Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Originally posted by KrazyHorse
                          Suborning perjury is also a crime.
                          MY point exactly
                          You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

I'm talking about a lawyer who puts together a defense theory that he knows is a lie. Sure, the guy deserves a good defense but a lawyer should not be able to lie and keep his job.
                            and how exactly do you give a good defense to someone who might have actually done the act without raising the idea that they didn't do it??

If there is another credible suspect, you know that a defense lawyer HAS to raise all the evidence suggesting the other dude did it. TO NOT raise an arguable defense would be malpractice.

Again I ask -- would you rather the defense attorney be the one to determine who gets a decent defence?

Comment

Originally posted by KrazyHorse
                              So how are you going to prove that he "knows" it's a lie?
                              The same way as in a perjury case I would think?

Comment

Working...
                              X