Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Let the good times roll??? Oh, well......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The economy will be good when I get a job. Until then it sucks.
    Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

That's probably a good measure.
      I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
      - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara
        The economy will be good when I get a job. Until then it sucks.
        Read a book. Teach Yourself Routing in 24 Hours would probably be a good start.
        “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

But then how would we tell when the economy is back on track?

Comment

We can always track it by when you get a job.
            “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

Comment

Originally posted by pchang
              We can always track it by when you get a job.
              I'll be in college for another year and change. I hope things are already hot by then. I hear they are for Accountants right now though.

Comment

There is a growing demand for accountants with expertise in workers comp.

Comment

Originally posted by Kidicious

Wha... ? You won't do more work for more money.

Not suprising. People turn down more lucrative work all the time.

I actually feel similar to pchang . . . Don't care that much about extra money as i do about getting time off.
                  You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Originally posted by Flubber
                    Not suprising. People turn down more lucrative work all the time.

I actually feel similar to pchang . . . Don't care that much about extra money as i do about getting time off.
                    That's why I always confront people who say that lowering taxes for the upper income workers gets them to work more.

Comment

No, but it would get me to invest more which would in turn, create more jobs.

Comment

So would spending more money.
                        Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

If my taxes were lowered, I would spend more money too.

Comment

Not necessarily. There are a few more steps before jobs are created. Increased business investment doesn't just occur because there are funds available.

Comment

If my taxes were lowered, I would spend more money too.
                              I can agree with this one. If you leave more money in my hands, I tend to spend and consume more. Now this is money that the government does not have to use and spend so its not all benefit to a society.

But I can say that a lower tax environment does attract business and more skilled workers. The result CAN be that government takes a smaller slice of a larger pie.

Consider Alberta . . . Paying 8% less on every purchase and probably 4-7% less in income taxes means that more people want to live here.
                              You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Re: Re: Let the good times roll??? Oh, well......

Originally posted by Kidicious

That's why you don't just look at one month.
                                In 2004

2.2 million net jobs created

150,000 x 12 = 1.8 million net jobs needed to keep up with population growth

True unemployment fell 400,000 for the year.

Comment

Working...
                                X