Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Let the good times roll??? Oh, well......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let the good times roll??? Oh, well......

US Payrolls only register half the expected increase. Only 110,000 net jobs created.
    “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

And you're surprised? I am not.

Spec.
    -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

Actually I am. I have received 3 job offers in the past 3 weeks from companies wishing to hire me away from my current job. And similar things have been happening to my peers. While it hasn't gotten crazy (like during the dot com boom), I took it as a sign that companies were definitely expanding their payrolls.
      “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

Comment

Yes but this is US payrolls. Not thec payrolls. Machines and robots are taking many jobs and also we are in the 13th year of the 10 year curve. Employers and corporations are somewhat careful because the economy, if we look at the last 100 years, is suppossed to come to a halt soon enough. But nobody know when.
        Just let the interest rates go up and the economy ll start to slow down.

Spec.
        -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

I live in the US - what is thec????

Comment

Originally posted by pchang
            I live in the US - what is thec????
            Technology.

Sorry for the typo.

I ment tech.

Comment

But hey, the unemployment rate went down to 5.2%. That's the only news that counts for some here.
              I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Yes, but for the non-innumerate:

Our best estimates for growth in working population per month is about 150,000

Net Payrolls only went up 110,000

True unemployment must have increased by 40,000

Comment

Re: Let the good times roll??? Oh, well......

US Payrolls only register half the expected increase. Only 110,000 net jobs created.
                  That's why you don't just look at one month.

Oh, and I'm glad you are getting job offers. Maybe you should hold out until things get really tight.

btw, what is your occupation?
                  I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                  - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Re: Re: Let the good times roll??? Oh, well......

Originally posted by Kidicious

That's why you don't just look at one month.

Oh, and I'm glad you are getting job offers. Maybe you should hold out until things get really tight.

btw, what is your occupation?
                    I already have a job - If I accepted one, it would not create a net increase in payrolls

I am a Systems Engineer with expertise in the following areas: client server applications, tcp/ip networking, and tcp/ip network security

Comment

Well ask your employer for a raise, or wait until things heat up to.

Comment

Believe it or not, I think I have enough money. What I really want is a reduction in my travel schedule.

Comment

Believe it or not, I think I have enough money. What I really want is a reduction in my travel schedule.
                          Wha... ? You won't do more work for more money.

Comment

In the corporate world you do less for more money..
                            Monkey!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Japher
                              In the corporate world you do less for more money..
                              We'll have to see how successfull pchang is at reducing his travel schedule. Will he be able to get a raise too?

Comment

Working...
                              X