Ford lies about fuel economy.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ford lies about fuel economy.

So I drive a 1999 Mercury Cougar. slighty tricked w/tint and neco stripe. I hate this thing mechanically, its a ford. But atm Its all I got. The sunroof broke twice and ive gone through about 8,000 alternators and fuel pumps.

The only upside is the compliments I get and the fact its fun to drive.

One thing pisses me off the most tho.
    My gas mileage is like 9 mpg. Wtf? Ive taken it to mechanic after mechanic theyve all said its normal for owners to average only 5-15 mpg in this car. Ford just made up the fuel economy.

I still have the msrp sticker where it says 25 is average.

What the hell.

Can I sue or something. I might aswell be driving an H2
    http://www.hotornot.com/r/?eid=OLHMHMB&key=RRK

:-(

25 is under optimal highway conditions, I'm sure.
    Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Ford can't make a decent engine to save their life.
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
        Ford can't make a decent engine to save their life.
        We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

What's super ironic is that after Ford took over Jaguar, it went from one of the world's most unrelibable brands, to one THE most reliable brands.

Go figure. Ford of all companies.
          We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Yeah, ford ain't all bad: I mean, they own Mazda, for example.
            urgh.NSFW

Comment

"I predict your ignore will rival Ben's" - Ecofarm
              ^ The Poly equivalent of:
              "I hope you can see this 'cause I'm [flipping you off] as hard as I can" - Ignignokt the Mooninite

Comment

funny,

my ford had a milage of 6l/100km

and it had build year 1991.

and besides some stupid small stuff i've never had any problems with it.
                "Ceterum censeo Ben esse expellendum."

Comment

hahaha, I get better gas mileage in my '95 Doge Ram 4 X 4 pickup truck.

Comment

Originally posted by Dissident
                    hahaha, I get better gas mileage in my '95 Doge Ram 4 X 4 pickup truck.
                    Is that a Hemi???

Comment

nope, I don't think they had hemi's back then.

Comment

Do you think Hemi is just a bunch of hype?

They seem to have done good with the whole marketing of it.

Comment

sounds like a bunch of hype to me. But perhaps if you are pulling a trailer, you might need something with more power.

The reason why I get decent gas mileage is because I have the smaller V8 engine. I don't need the extra power. I just need enough power to do the off road activities I enjoy (ie not getting stuck).

Comment

Comment

V8 ?

wow

my current car is a diesel with 3 cilinders... (1500 CC)

still very agile though
                              "Ceterum censeo Ben esse expellendum."

Comment

Working...
                              X