No announcement yet.

The Office

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another "oasis"...that's a waterfall thing in the background.
    Attached Files
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

One of the many "bistros"...bar-style seats on the end with lounge chairs and stuff outside of view, along with the actual Bistro itself that serves pizza, pasteries, etc.
        Attached Files
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

yeah I know, not environmentally friendly. I'm going to buy a hybrid as soon as I can afford one.

Comment

And finally, a games room.

There are LAN computers set up with games like UT, Quake 2, Need for speed, Warcraft III, etc. set up and networked across IBM Canada. Also, foosball, ping-pong, shuffleboard, pool, darts, etc.

Now I'm done.
            Attached Files

Comment

I share a small office out at Erindale. I sit and read the papers/wig out to Black Sabbath on my ipod in it twice a week.

U of T sucks for office space, although I did have a carrel on the twelfth floor of the Robarts research library (right next to the Greek books).

I used to have a great office at Waikato. Third floor, large window and view of the whole city. Power Macintosh, two chessboards (for email games I was playng at the time) and my Italian espresso maker (from which I served cappuccino and espresso to students, friends and visiting philosophers).

That one was the best. I bought the coffee fresh and ground it myself on the premises. I got a lot of student visits as the coffee lured them in and the conversation kept my office hours busy.
              Only feebs vote.

Comment

I don't see how people could work in an office. I'd go stir crazy.

Comment

That's IBM's games room?

It's good to know that even multimillion dollar corporations can't be bothered to decorate their rec rooms.

And that isn't an office Asher, it's a cell.
                  Only feebs vote.

Comment

Originally posted by Dissident
                    I don't see how people could work in an office. I'd go stir crazy.
                    We actually have work to do that prevents that.
                    Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Originally posted by Boris Godunov

We actually have work to do that prevents that.
                      most of you guys post at poly when you should be working.

Comment

Last year's office at Erindale was OK. We shared it with my mate Dean, who had the complete collection of Hunter S Thompson on the bookshelf.
                        Only feebs vote.

Comment

Originally posted by Agathon
                          That's IBM's games room?

It's good to know that even multimillion dollar corporations can't be bothered to decorate their rec rooms.
                          It was built in 2001, during the tech crash. I'm amazed we have one at all.

And that isn't an office Asher, it's a cell.
                          I find it great.

Mainly cause I love the computer. 3.2GHz P4 w/ HT, 2GB of RAM, and an internet speed that makes most sites behave like they're on a LAN.

Comment

Originally posted by MRT144
                            how does that fit in with college life then?
                            well, I have been trying to work more, since it is towards the end of my third year of grad school

so I try to work in the night

and than go to class or something in the morning and early afternoon

than sleep late afternoon and early evening...

JM
                            Jon Miller-
                            I AM.CANADIAN
                            GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Originally posted by Dissident
                              most of you guys post at poly when you should be working.
                              Yeah, but that's due to procrastinating on work we have to do, not because of a lack of work.
                              Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

nice office asher

I would probably do work in the Oasis'

JM
                                Jon Miller-
                                I AM.CANADIAN
                                GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Working...
                                X